Click this link to install Gnome classic on Ubuntu 12.04

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Tried Ubuntu for a while. Frankly I'm to lazy to figure out linux (I'm used to Windows.... yeah, insert flames below).

And yet I wanted a Gnex (my first Android device) because they are so easy to customize and hack. Then again I've only dipped my toes into the hacking end, and used a tool rather then AKD/SDK and learning the actual commands. I'll get there

And if I had a 2nd computer (not my main machine) to play around on... I'm pretty sure I'd wipe out Windows and try Ubuntu again. Last version of Ubuntu I tried? 10.04.... and Unity wasn't that bad. Not great (but better then my old desktop that ran XP!)

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Kudos on that...... Unity interface really bites... I tested it out recently and ended installing an earlier version of ubuntu

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
12.04 lts hell no... now mint 12 is really nice... i just switched my main box to mint.... really nice interface and stuff... cant complain

robt77

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Cheers for link. Didn't realise I disliked unity until I installed Gnome 3.

Sent from my Crescent using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried Ubuntu for a while. Frankly I'm to lazy to figure out linux (I'm used to Windows.... yeah, insert flames below).

And yet I wanted a Gnex (my first Android device) because they are so easy to customize and hack. Then again I've only dipped my toes into the hacking end, and used a tool rather then AKD/SDK and learning the actual commands. I'll get there

And if I had a 2nd computer (not my main machine) to play around on... I'm pretty sure I'd wipe out Windows and try Ubuntu again. Last version of Ubuntu I tried? 10.04.... and Unity wasn't that bad. Not great (but better then my old desktop that ran XP!)

Unity wasn't on 10.04 lol . That's GNOME classic.

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been using Linux for long. Less than a year actually but don't mind Unity too much. Why do you guys dislike it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Mac OS's (and Mac OS X's) Finder.

Gnome has always been Finder-done-right, until Unity and Gnome 3. That's why I use Linux Mint with MATE. I really want nothing to do with Ubuntu anymore, because I feel they really don't suit my needs. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit betrayed by them, and I don't handle betrayal very well.

Right now, I'm on a LM install on a flash drive, and I love it. Sure, it's not quite *as* quick as if it was running from an HDD or SSD over SATA, but for why I'm using it, this is fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirenbd49