CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If I load cm9 from cm7 alpha 1. Do I just do it from recovery and load the rom. Also do I switch between webos and cm9 the same by using the power button and rebooting into which ever os

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It says in the op not to but I just did this with no problems but I did wipe everything including the system before I flashed it through recovery.

Sent From My ICS Tenderloin via Tapatalk II

steraser

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, dumb question. I installed CM9 awhile back and have not noticed any problems but I use my TP lightly. I just stumbled back into this thread and noticed the step that says to apply 3 fixes before the first boot. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way for me to check? Or will it hurt to reboot, open cyanogen and apply them just in case?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, dumb question. I installed CM9 awhile back and have not noticed any problems but I use my TP lightly. I just stumbled back into this thread and noticed the step that says to apply 3 fixes before the first boot. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way for me to check? Or will it hurt to reboot, open cyanogen and apply them just in case?

Can your tp charge? Do you have working gapps? Does your calendar sync if you use it?

If yes then you have no needs for those fixes and are fixes for alpha0.

Sent From My ICS Tenderloin via Tapatalk II

Reactions: steraser

tjdalton

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
are there any more major updates in the works, or can we only update now from the nightly builds? I installed alpha 2 and have had a great experience with it but I am hesitant to mess around with the nightlies

dwester

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat as sicdude, little hesitant to play with the nightly builds.

But if I was to do so, can someone provide a link or instructions how to install the nightly and/or back off?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
are there any more major updates in the works, or can we only update now from the nightly builds? I installed alpha 2 and have had a great experience with it but I am hesitant to mess around with the nightlies

I'm currently running the nightly dated 4/18 after updating several times beginning with 4/4, my initial install.

Before you do anything, make a full backup with ClockworkMod so you can restore if anything goes wrong.

I updated to 4/28 and it didn't seem like Wifi was as strong, may have been my imagination, so I flashed back.

Here's the process I used for updating and going back. I didn't do step #1 all the time after I felt I knew what I was doing, but it's an important step for any beginner.

1. Make a full system backup using Clockwork Mod
2. Do not reboot system after backup is finished.
3. Wipe the Cache from within ClockworkMod
4. Go to ADVANCED and wipe the Dalvik Cache
5. Go back to the main menu of Clockwork Mod and select INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD
6. Select the new nightly or (if you are going back to a previous release) the old nightly.
7. Install it
8. Reboot system

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've flashed many roms on both my Droid 1 and Galaxy Nexus. Your steps are correct, except I think that you are missing one. I would highly recommend that you do a wipe data before the wipe cache. Yes you will have to re-install apps and set the system again, but bad things can start happening if you don't. When you wipe data, it cleans the apps, app data, and system data from your system.

You can use a program like Titanium Backup to restore your app and app data, but do not under any circumstance restore system data.

kristouch

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I finally decided to move to CM9 and wiped back to WebOS. Unfortunately, I cannot find most of the files needed. The links are now dead... Is there an updated posting with live links to the required files?

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can any of you help me? I've finally decided to bite the bullet and port cyanogen mode onto my hp touchpad, can any of you help me on how to do this on my Mac? Am I better off doing CM9 or CM10? Thanks!

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Cyanomod on my Touchpad. I had it put on by a friend. I'm using Tenderloin 4.2.2 with a build date of 12/10/2013. I'm curious as to how I can update to newer versions and not brick my touchpad. Putting Android on my touchpad has made my knock off 7 inch tablet almost obsolete. I can deal with it bugging down or rebooting every now and then but am curious to go further if I can. What do you all think?

Posted via Android Central App