Coating rubbing off??!

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had my phone since day one. Used only the verizon brand leather case and noticed on the back side of phone corner is rubbing off!!

The case inside is soft I cannot see why it would be abrasive enough to wear the corner than that much within few weeks of use.

Is the coating on the phone that soft??!!

Has anyone else had this problem or noticing it now???

Picture012.jpg

Should I get it replaced or can they do anything about this? The phone shell is flawless except this now. :mad:

R

Roy Aguilera

Are the corners exposed with that case? Do you put it on any hard surfaces unprotected. I noticed that my holster which has the same layer is starting to peal also but its the area that I lay it on when its on the table.

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Its not exposed with this case. This phone is more pampered than my gf. It always sits on top of a mirco cloth. This a wear from the case! Its bs to wear like that.. this phones coating is too soft...

R

Roy Aguilera

That sucks. I went with the holster and I was expecting for it to wear faster.

tjramlogan#AC

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the same verizon case as the original poster and all 4 corners of the phone started to wear within the same week. I promptly returned the case, but I still have the phone. The wear is not too bad and the phone works fine, but it's still quite annoying that it happened so very fast with a brand new phone.

I'm on the fence about returnings. Any ideas or opinions?

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ive owned many phones never had one that weared down so quickly on soft cloth before. I'm hearing from other local peeps in my area saying the same thing. Hmmm... major turn off.. :mad:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
That looks exactly like my friends Droid... she dropped it...

Not saying you dropped yours but... it looks the same.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine earlier today, and almost had a heart attack. But thankfully, not a single scratch came of it. That looks pretty awful from the picture, that really sucks dude :(

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered some of that Ghost Armor (never heard of it until this thread)... seems good and they have a deal going on for the Droid... plus you can enter this code: 20080815 and get 10% off (about a $1.50 off per Droid GA).

I'm sure the stuff will work, I just hope I can put it on without it looking like I let a toddler "install" it, lol.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i've had mine since launch with no case, goes in my pocket. havent' dropped it (knock on wood)

i take care of it, but in no ways do i baby it (it's a phone....)

no problems to speak of. seems to be an issue with the case maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte