Collection of fonts for your S3

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol...maybe for my age group...although I've yet to grow one, ever. The one guy lives in Orlando, so not a accurate representation of the population here ;) and also being that this IS oil-country....facial hair is frowned upon. Pretty hard...read:impossible... to seal up a H2S mask and therefore, not allowed in the industry.

anneemonster

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
this may be a dumb question, but which folder am i supposed to save them to in order for them to show up on my phone?

EDIT: nevermind. used es file explorer.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
this may be a dumb question, but which folder am i supposed to save them to in order for them to show up on my phone?

EDIT: nevermind. used es file explorer.

I just saved all of them on my SD card...saves me space on my phone...I created a folder called "Fonts" on my SD card and put them all on there

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I saved them on my PC, extracted the ones I wanted, sent them to my DropBox folder, and just auto-installed the ones I wanted with the DB app.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just saved all of them on my SD card...saves me space on my phone...I created a folder called "Fonts" on my SD card and put them all on there

Yup! Same here! I deleted the folder after I installed them. I hate clutter, lol!

BTW, anyone getting a LONG pause when you try selecting a font in settings?? I get a 5 second pause before I see the font list. I installed about 30 fonts.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Use a file manager (I use root explorer even when I don't have root), then look for a downloads folder/directory, then browse through the files. If you don't have a downloads folder, or, if this huge fonts file isn't there, browse through the rest of your folders.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a file explorer but when I went to open the font rar this is what I get...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350927419358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350927419358.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 53

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Same here! I deleted the folder after I installed them. I hate clutter, lol!

BTW, anyone getting a LONG pause when you try selecting a font in settings?? I get a 5 second pause before I see the font list. I installed about 30 fonts.

yeah ive always had a big lag while the phone searches for fonts mate ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a file explorer but when I went to open the font rar this is what I get...

try long-pressing it for options to unzip it to a location mate. duno what file explorer youre usin

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
try long-pressing it for options to unzip it to a location mate. duno what file explorer youre usin

Man you guys are awesome!!! I had no idea long pressing on the file would give me another menu options LOL. You can def tell im an Android newbie hehe :p thanks again!!!!

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How do I find/install them after I downloaded the file?

You should really download the zip file to your computer. "Extract" the font file (or files) that you want and then e-mail them to yourself. When received on your phone you should download them and then find them in your downloads folder. If you downloaded a APK file then all you do is "click" on it and it will ask you if you want to install.
You'll then find the new font in settings>display>font style>scroll to the new font and apply.

riderrick65

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Another noooob question. If I select a new font from one of the apps that have been discussed here in this thread, would that also effect the fonts in texting? Since I am new to this "smart phone" scene, I would just like to say thanks to all who have helped in getting me the info. that I needed in my quest to learn all about this new SG-III. :)

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Another noooob question. If I select a new font from one of the apps that have been discussed here in this thread, would that also effect the fonts in texting? Since I am new to this "smart phone" scene, I would just like to say thanks to all who have helped in getting me the info. that I needed in my quest to learn all about this new SG-III. :)

When you change the system fonts, it changes it for all apps including the "stock" messaging app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyle24