Comic Book Readers What Are You Using?

wanorris

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
After trying multiple apps, I finally settled on Perfect Viewer as the only decent app that could reliably read both CBR files and CBZ files. I read new comics on the Comixology and Dark Horse apps.

In general, I really like the size of the Nexus 7. The screen is really sharp, and that makes up for the small size for me. It's definitely not the best for 2-page layouts, though. I've been reading 300, and that definitely exposes the biggest weakness.

If I were buying s device solely for reading comics and price were not a factor, I might buy a 10" device instead. But in general, I have no regrets about reading comics on it, and it's a much more practical device for me in every other respect.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there any app (Marvel, DC) that gives you a subscription service? let you download regularly? And how much is it? I get really frustrated with digital pricing.... they have taken all the distribution/production out of the equation and still charging cover price.

Acroanidd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I use Comic Rack. I find the UI on it to be very good especially on the tablet, and the size is pretty much perfect, as someone else has said I have to zoom in from time to time, but not very often.

hc_1540

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Komik that i found off the internet when I got my transformer. It is free and optimized for tablets. Which is important to me cause that was one of the reasons I got a tablet was because I wanted to read my comics

Another vote for Komik, works great on my Tab 10.1 but can't really comment how it looks on a 7 incher

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Perfect Viewer and while the 7" screen is a tad small, it's so sharp and clear that usually type is legible, especially compared to the Fire. The way I usually read is to flip it to Landscape mode with pages set to Fit Width and panels usually fit completely vertically. When I hit a page with a more vertical layout, it's nothing to rotate 90 degrees and see the overview.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I started using ACV when i had an Android smart phone but on the nexus 7 its just isnt that great. Comics load in phone size and then u have to zoom in to get it full screen and text blurs when you do that. Perfect viewer seemed to work perfect for my needs.

hegemon13

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Comixology for purchasing comics. The interface and frame-by-frame options are excellent.

Perfect Viewer is excellent for cbr/cbz. It's super fast and really crisp. It also has a nice navigation feature where you just tap once to see the rest of the page if the full height doesn't quite fit. Tons of options for configuration, resizing algorithms, etc.

melad136

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I used to use ComicRack but I found that its only really good if you have it installed on your windows PC and since I have a mac and the developers havent decided to play nice with the mac users, im using Komik. Brilliant app, organises the comics well and keeps track of where you are in all of them :)

TheChallenger

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you try "Challenger comics viewer" ?
It's a FREE comics viewer available on Android Market (no ads).
You don't have to click to go to next page, all pages are automatically loaded.
Try it in landscape mode, it's really awesome !

Here is a video : [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9nwbAncBM[/YT]

Vertical scrolling is simply incredible ! I'm addict :)

Gremer Tiu

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first time poster here, I use Perfect Viewer for my 7.

And yeah, coming from an iPhone, the 7'' platform is a great size to read your books and comic books.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Comicat -- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....comicat&feature=search_result&token=MAVGnKg4..

u1lnEkOf29Q35wDTVlKZlsfOLlzKSNE8Q4iIHowvA8EzGp4SJCyrkmQ-rvam3gXxu2A=w705

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I use Perfect View, but so far only have The Walking Dead on there, I may have missed it, but someone asked about a subscription for Marvel or DC, was this ever answered? Where can you purchase comics and have them automatically loaded on the N7?

propervillan31

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
OK so I have perfect viewer and I'm probably going to get another app to compare but I'm wondering is there a way to download straight to the tablet or d have to import from a computer. Also I have a few torrents but don't know how to get them on there

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause