Confirmed unlocked

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have Truphone on the watch and Cricket on the phone. When not connected by BT, I forward my calls to the watch's SIM number. As long as the watch is paired to the phone through cell data, I can leave my phone at home and still send/receive texts through the phone. I use Google messenger for texting.

Will this work the same way if I buy a ATT watch and use a Verizon phone? If I use the watch on Tru Phone?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Will this work the same way if I buy a ATT watch and use a Verizon phone? If I use the watch on Tru Phone?

I would think so. If you are not activating NumberSync from AT&T, like me, I don't think it matters what service your phone is using. BT would still work and pairing through 3g/LTE should still work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Can I buy this watch and not put a sim card in it? Just use it as a regular BT/wifi connection? I will get a sim card later. I am just not sure which carrier I am going to use..

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
It looks like I'm going to buy the AT&T version. Then get a Tru phone Sim.. My carrier is Verizon. To get calls I just forward the calls from my phone? Will my phone still ring along with the watch? Also how will text and notifications get passed to the watch? When connected via BT or just connected thru Tru Phone?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It looks like I'm going to buy the AT&T version. Then get a Tru phone Sim.. My carrier is Verizon. To get calls I just forward the calls from my phone? Will my phone still ring along with the watch? Also how will text and notifications get passed to the watch? When connected via BT or just connected thru Tru Phone?

Yes you can forward calls to the watch using the phone settings or using the 'call forwarding' setting on the watch. The phone will ring first then after 10,15,20 seconds (depending on how you setup the forward) the call will be forwarded to the watch. I use Google Messenger and texts to the phones number will show up on the watch when paired through BT, WiFi or 3g/LTE. You can also reply to the texts when paired through any method. When paired by BT, you can make calls through the phone's number, otherwise you use the watch's number.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
To get calls I just forward the calls from my phone?

Yes, it's like having a second phone.

Will my phone still ring along with the watch?

I'm not exactly sure how it works if you don't have AT&T NumberSync. Hopefully somebody else on here has it set up with different carriers on each that can verify, but I think you only receive the call on whichever device gets called.

Also how will text and notifications get passed to the watch? When connected via BT or just connected thru Tru Phone?

You just need a data connection of any sort, cell/wifi/BT to be connected to the phone, as long as the phone also has a data connection of any of those. For instance I just leave my phone at home on wifi and I get all the notifications on my watch using cell data. When you're sending a text from the watch you can select if it gets sent from the watch number or phone number.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add another way of call forwarding, while reading the manual (available at LG website), there is a section for Call forwarding and it appears LG has an App that will allow you to call forward without going to the Cellular option of call forwarding. It works the same way as if you go into Cellular --> Call Forwarding, the app name is LG Call Forwarding (link below) and can be downloaded from the Play store,

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.lge.callforwarding&token=dgL_1tna

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to add another way of call forwarding, while reading the manual (available at LG website), there is a section for Call forwarding and it appears LG has an App that will allow you to call forward without going to the Cellular option of call forwarding. It works the same way as if you go into Cellular --> Call Forwarding, the app name is LG Call Forwarding (link below) and can be downloaded from the Play store,

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.lge.callforwarding&token=Qx6_Atyc

Does this have any added options compared to using cellular>call forwarding on the watch? Like setting forward all or ringing time on phone before forwarding?

I usual just forward from the phone settings so I can set to forward all calls without a wait time. Just wondering if this app allows for that.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I usual just forward from the phone settings so I can set to forward all calls without a wait time. Just wondering if this app allows for that

According to the app documentation: you need to require a subscription in advance the call forwarding service.

So it sounds like what this is for is if you left your actual phone at home you can set the forwarding remotely from your watch, but it still is using the network forwarding so you have to make sure your plan includes that.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
It actually works the same way when you forward the calls using the watch Cellular settings, it sends and MMI code the phone. I have not tried using the app when the watch is connected via cellular (not blue tooth). I am assuming it will also work. It does not have any other options, just to turn on and off call forwarding from the watch.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I went outside the house and left my phone and tested the Call forwarded app from the watch when connected only via Cellular and it works fine. It did sent the MMI code to the phone, I can see the message in the phone that it has enabled the Call forwarding. I am using Truphone prepaid SIM. This will be convenient in case you forgot your phone.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I went outside the house and left my phone and tested the Call forwarded app from the watch when connected only via Cellular and it works fine. It did sent the MMI code to the phone, I can see the message in the phone that it has enabled the Call forwarding. I am using Truphone prepaid SIM. This will be convenient in case you forgot your phone.

The call forwarding (cellular>call forwarding) setting does the same thing when you leave the phone behind. Correct?

I also use Truphone and I'm pretty sure the call forwarding option in the watch settings does the same thing. I use the phone to initiate the forwarding, but it definitely comes in handy if you forget to forward from the phone settings.

Last edited:

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes the app and the call forwarding setting in the watch works the same way, it's just convenient to user the Call forwarding app, you don't have to dig into the settings. It will be good, if the call forwarding app has an option for different types of call forwarding, conditional call forwarding (no answer) or immediate.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes the app and the call forwarding setting in the watch works the same way, it's just convenient to user the Call forwarding app, you don't have to dig into the settings. It will be good, if the call forwarding app has an option for different types of call forwarding, conditional call forwarding (no answer) or immediate.

Ok thanks. Yeah having the option to forward all or change the time before forwarding would be nice.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me which size sim card is in this watch again? i searched and i dont have the watch on me at work to check and i'm gonna pick up a truphone sim card.

ar0616

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Actually ATT does not have to unlock wearables and hotspots. case and point ATT now wont unlock a gear s or s2. I think its more android wear does not have sim locking built in to it since this is the first watch with cell service.

I'm with Sprint and desperately want to make this fone work w/ them. if i take out the at&t sim card will i be able to access texting and calls via bluetooth? sprint says they are on a different network and their sim cards would register in the watch. would greatly appreciate any intel advise how best to make this work.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Sprint and desperately want to make this fone work w/ them. if i take out the at&t sim card will i be able to access texting and calls via bluetooth? sprint says they are on a different network and their sim cards would register in the watch. would greatly appreciate any intel advise how best to make this work.
It doesn't matter which SIM is in the phone. You're not using the phone's SIM with Android Wear. If you want to use LTE in the watch, it would need to be a GSM provider (AT&T, T-Mobile, Truphone etc.). The watch will communicate with the phone through bluetooth, Wi-Fi or LTE regardless of the phone's SIM. If you're connected through Wi-Fi or LTE, the phone just needs any data connection from any provider (Wi-Fi or LTE). Yes you can access texts/calls with a bluetooth connection.

Last edited: