Connected To Internet But Won't Load Pages

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Glaxy Mobile easily connects to the internet but when I try to load a web page I just get a message saying Web Page Not Available.
Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And you've already tried the tips in that guide? I realize that this is happening on any network, but it's still worth trying a router reboot, as well as some of the other things.

When you connect to any wi-fi network, go to Settings>Wi-fi, long-press the network, tap Modify Network, then tap the Advanced checkbox. Make sure Proxy is set to None, and IP Settings is set to DHCP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is odd. Is this only happening when using a browser? Do other apps connect to the web successfully? Can you use the Google Play Store app to search for an app?

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
No, nothing that needs a connection to the internet works. It's so annoying because when I switch on wifi, I always get a message that I am connected to the internet, but when I type anything into the browser I just get the message web page unavailable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your home wi-fi have a password? That's been entered correctly? What about going to the local Starbucks, or other place that has free wi-fi? Does it seem to connect, but still not give you any access?

SammyT2

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix to this problem? It suddenly started happening on my Samsung tablet and I'm totally stumped at what could be causing it!

arvchillin

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix to this problem? It suddenly started happening on my Samsung tablet and I'm totally stumped at what could be causing it!

Hi,

I was facing a similar issue. If this problem is happening on your home network wi-fi.. just disconnect/unplug your modem for a few seconds and plug it back in. It worked for me. Cheers.

Raafat Khalil

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
This is odd. Is this only happening when using a browser? Do other apps connect to the web successfully? Can you use the Google Play Store app to search for an app?

i have this problem, all applications and play store is working but when i try to load a web page I just get a message saying Web Page Not Available.
i have the same problem when using the mobile data or WIFI
when i use the mobile data i have 2 access points if i changed to the other access point the web page work but the applications stop working !!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have a Galaxy S II, or something more recent? Does it also happen in Safe Mode?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirenbd49