Connected without internet

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen this with their Note 10 Plus?

I seem to be getting it a lot on my phone connecting to my Asus Router. 2.4 ghz channel. 97% of my household stuff is on the 2.4ghz channel and they seem to run fine. If I turn off wifi and back on it clears up for bit. Same with rebooting the phone. I have reset the network settings also. Not sure if anyone else has seen this at all.

PCE

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
When I wifi at home on the 2.4ghz change I an "!" near my wifi signal. I'm connected to my router fine just no internet. All of the other connections are fine on the 2.4 ghz channel.

deseager

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
There are two parts to what we often simply refer to as the 'router'. They are the Modem that provides the connection to the internet. The part that routes the internet from the modem to the devices on the wifi network is the Router. In many cases the two are separate boxes but together provide an internet connection for the various devices connected to your WiFi. The message is telling you that your phone is connected to the router but is not seeing the internet through the modem. How many devices have you got connected to the internet on the wifi.

First I would try rebooting the device not seeing the internet. Same message next reboot by powering down (unplug) the router and modem if seperate. Next I would try powering down all the devices requiring an internet connection and then add them back on by one starting with the phone in question and see if they all come up with an internet connection. I see this error fairly often and a bunch of power downs usually works.

deseager

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this before. The only thing I found that fixed it was changing my router encryption to WEP. Which kinda sucked but I never got the ! anymore. As soon as I went back to WPA I started getting it again. Weird..

When I wifi at home on the 2.4ghz change I an "!" near my wifi signal. I'm connected to my router fine just no internet. All of the other connections are fine on the 2.4 ghz channel.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes in my experience the router is functioning properly. It is just that either it's connection to the modem is shaky or the modem's connection to the internet has grown stale. For me, I have router and modem (gateway) as two separate devices and this is usually remediated by rebooting only the modem and letting the router reestablish it's connection to the modem once it is back online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene