Considering the Axon 7 instead of the Nexus 6p, advice or thoughts?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all,

I currently have a Nexus 6p that I've only had for three months. All the sudden my screen went black but I still can hear buttons pushed in this background so I'm unsure of what the issue is. I'm taking it for repair tomorrow. My question is should I let my 6p go and order the ZTE Axon 7 or stay with the 6p. Thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Hows the performance and resolution? What about the software interface. Is it more pure Android or does ZTE have a unique software like my Honor 8 has that I love. I want to have at least one large screen phone as I keep two phones and two numbers. I have my thoughts narrowed down to the Axon 7 and the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe. I'm on the fence. I can tell you that I really have liked my 6p and the 5.7 screen along with its awesome resolution and performance. Will I miss any of that with the Axon 7 or will I like the Axon even more? I'm leaning towards the Axon right now so I wanted to post this to get some help and advice from you guys. Thanks for any help.

DConn

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have not used the Axon 7. I do have the Google Pixel and have a few friends with the 6P. I love purity. This leaves the Nexus, Pixel, and iPhone to receive a pure OS experience. I personally would stick with the 6P. However, hopefully someone with the Axon 7 chimes in.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have not used the Axon 7. I do have the Google Pixel and have a few friends with the 6P. I love purity. This leaves the Nexus, Pixel, and iPhone to receive a pure OS experience. I personally would stick with the 6P. However, hopefully someone with the Axon 7 chimes in.
Thanks for the advice. I'm taking my 6p to a cell phone repair store in the morning. My thoughts is it has to be minor bc the entire screen is black and there is no part of it with lite but the screen is still functioning as I'm able to here buttons as I touch the screen. Gotta be something that can easily be fixed or reattached the has made the entire screen go out. If it was not responsive to touch then I'd think the worse.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I'm taking my 6p to a cell phone repair store in the morning. My thoughts is it has to be minor bc the entire screen is black and there is no part of it with lite but the screen is still functioning as I'm able to here buttons as I touch the screen. Gotta be something that can easily be fixed or reattached the has made the entire screen go out. If it was not responsive to touch then I'd think the worse.
I agree. Hopefully they find an easy fix and you're back up and running! On the flip side, for the sake of being on a tech forum, I feel obliged to say you should try the Axon 7. 😂😂😂

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all,

I currently have a Nexus 6p that I've only had for three months. All the sudden my screen went black but I still can hear buttons pushed in this background so I'm unsure of what the issue is. I'm taking it for repair tomorrow. My question is should I let my 6p go and order the ZTE Axon 7 or stay with the 6p. Thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Hows the performance and resolution? What about the software interface. Is it more pure Android or does ZTE have a unique software like my Honor 8 has that I love. I want to have at least one large screen phone as I keep two phones and two numbers. I have my thoughts narrowed down to the Axon 7 and the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe. I'm on the fence. I can tell you that I really have liked my 6p and the 5.7 screen along with its awesome resolution and performance. Will I miss any of that with the Axon 7 or will I like the Axon even more? I'm leaning towards the Axon right now so I wanted to post this to get some help and advice from you guys. Thanks for any help.

DConn

Read my axon 7 review.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was able to fix my 6p myself after doing some heavy digging of research. I finally got it to boot up in recovery mode but not the typical hold both buttons down for 20 seconds type. I literally held power and volume up down together for well over a minute and all the sudden my screen came back to life in recovery mode! I did a factory reset and I'm all good now. Anyways back to getting the A7. What do you guys think in regard to a comparison of the A7 to the 6p? Is the A7 superior or would I just be making a lateral move?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
How's the resolution on the A7? The 6p is unbelievably great and I know they both have the same spec on screens but all companies are different. Does anyone know for a fact the A7 is faster than the 6p? Looks like the A7 although not a 5.7 like my 6p appears to have a large screen with no side bezels? I keep two phones. A smaller one hander and my other number is a larger phone. I just wonder if I'll be able to tell a big difference in my 5.7 vs the 5.5? I love the 6p but the A7 has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all,

DConn

I have the axon 7 this is an awesome phone. Saw a comment for stock vanilla Android. The axon 7 allows you to choose a stock option or their launcher. The screen is awesome, you have 3 light and 3 color options you can. Mix and match for you desired look. The fingerprint scanner is the fastest I have used on an Android phone. The audio is out of control, especially with the Dolby Atmos. I have the HTC 10 which also has great audio, I feel this one just edges ahead because of the Dolby Atmos.

Nougat is coming in January, if nougat for this phone is anything like it was for HTC. I can't wait. The 10 is an awesome phone and nougat made it so much better. The battery life is amazing as well. When you purchase this you get 2 years of free repairs even out of warranty.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I am liking my Axon 7 so far, and with their 2 years warranty protection, can't go wrong with that! I too was thinking about the Nexus 6P, but it didn't have expandable memory slot and I felt the screen size was a bit too big. Plus when I tired the Axon compared to the Nexus in the store, the axon felt much better in my hands. The speakers are awesome! Can't wait to watch an action packed movie on it.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Another axon7 owner here. Let me say I've also got a pixel and galaxy S7 EDGE. I bought the axon7 because I'm a music lover and great audio is important to me. It wasn't until I received this device, that I realized how great it is. We all got burned by Google with the over-exaggerated and grossly overpriced pixel. And the galaxy S7 EDGE would be my top pick if it also featured hifi dacs and dolby atmos like axon7. But my main phone, without question, is my axon7. It's better than pixel in many respects, and just as good, except for screen, as the S7 edge. Now take its price into consideration, and you've got the best deal on a high end smartphone.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
How's the resolution on the A7? The 6p is unbelievably great and I know they both have the same spec on screens but all companies are different. Does anyone know for a fact the A7 is faster than the 6p? Looks like the A7 although not a 5.7 like my 6p appears to have a large screen with no side bezels? I keep two phones. A smaller one hander and my other number is a larger phone. I just wonder if I'll be able to tell a big difference in my 5.7 vs the 5.5? I love the 6p but the A7 has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now.
It has 2k amoled resolution. The resolution is great. For a phone that has great specs with budget price is hard to beat. The camera and video isn't the greatest but for under $400, it's not too bad

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Me ordered Axon 7 128gb with 4gb ram..waiting for it...then will decide which phones to keep between lumia 950 S7 edge and Axon 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky