Contacts missing after update

DiggyLR

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I got up this morning and finally, there it was!!! The update Ive been waiting for. So I hit update and got in the shower and went on with my business. Got out and the phone was sitting there like brand new. Checked everything, all looked good. All my contacts were listed under contacts untill about an hour after I did the update and now they are still on the phone because I can search for them and use the folder all contacts but just under the normal contacts where it shows the picture there are only three there the rest are gone. Has anyone else ran into this and might you know of what I can do to get my contacts back this is driving me crazy!!!!

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Were most of your contacts from Facebook/myspace etc.? Try opening the app and signing in, I know I had to sign in to each of my accounts again after updating.

DiggyLR

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No, they were just regular contacts. A lot of them had been synced up with facebook but werent ported in from facebook. I can put a folder on the homescreen with all contacts and it pulls up the small popup window but when I go to regular contacts where it has their picture beside it theres nothing.

DiggyLR

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How do you go about backing up the contacts? I came from a BB where the desktop manager had an option to save all the info but this came with no software like that.

DiggyLR

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you DA6, as soon as I went to options>import from sd card they all loaded up. I guess the update reset it and took them off the phone or something.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
After my update it asked me to re sync with facebook and i said no.. Maybe it was there that something went wrong. I have all my contacts, phone log and everything else is running great. I would try reloading them, if that doesnt work then hopefully you have your other phone and can stop into a verizon to re install those contacts. Hopefully you work it out though. That would suck if you lost all your contacts..

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem all my contacts gone from regular contacts, but still in my favorites, still on facebook, it was really weird. However figured to import them from the SD card, thought this happened to everyone else.... guess not.

Giorsoine

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't save the contacts but only used the backup tool SE said to use, and now I got no contacts, but as The Protagonist says have favorites ect.

What do I do?

MarkD60

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I lose all my business and new contacts. New contacts I add disappear, all the businesses are gone. I am very fed up.
Palm OS, 15 years ago, was better than anything on the market today.

MarkD60

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I try to order a pizza, the number for Dominoes is gone. I re-add it. Week later, I try to order another pizza, Dominoes is gone again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil