CWM Recovery for Phoenix/Thrive

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes if you were on stock 2.2.1 then the optimus one old bb is what you need to flash. If you upgraded to 2.3 then you have new baseband. Try messing with the volume up and down buttons when it boots to the blackscreen, Sometimes mine will take a few seconds to load the recovery. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you otherwise.

Unless they have changed something with CWM and the ROM manager, this is not correct if you have upgraded to 2.3 you will still need to use the old baseband version, I don't know why and it flies in the face of logic but the NBB version doesn't work on our phones at all. But for some reason the OBB version works on either the old or the new and the new doesn't work on either.

---------- Post Merged at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:31 AM ----------

How many people have had success flashing the P505 CWN ?

~OneForth

A whole bunch of us.

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice well ill prolly give it a try then.
Are all the controls the same as other cwms? Such as in the volume up and down for up and down.

Sent from my LG Phoenix P505 using Tapatalk

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice well ill prolly give it a try then.
Are all the controls the same as other cwms? Such as in the volume up and down for up and down.

Sent from my LG Phoenix P505 using Tapatalk

No. Keys have been partially remapped. Vol keys are the same. To select an option use the power button or search button.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
And if it doesn't let you control it at all, furiously tap the back button (or maybe just hold) until it says back button disabled. I had that issue so I went back to 5.0.2.0 . I also had to modify each rom that wasn't specifically built for p506(status 7 error), which is basically every ROM

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

freudious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a ClockworkMod Recovery installed already? If so, I'm assuming you have the zip with the new recovery on your sdcard, power off your phone. Press the VOL DOWN+HOME+POWER all at the same time. Hold all 3 buttons for at least 5 seconds til the phone finishes booting into recovery mode. Select 'Install from zip" option, Select 'Choose zip' option, Browse and select the recovery zip, Select 'Yes - Install ???' option. Now wait until install complete. Hit BACK button to get back to first screen. Select 'Advanced' option. Select 'Reboot Recovery' option. The phone will then reboot back into recovery again.

Having some problems with this method and cant figure out what I have done wrong. I installed CWM Optimus One (old bb) through the Clockworkmod app. Booted to CWM recovery through the app. Installed from zip Arjen's P505 CWM then went back and used "reboot recovery" Arjen P505 booted no problem. Happy that I had CWM P505 installed I decided to boot back to phone to make sure everything worked so I selected "reboot system now" When phone rebooted it was stuck on the yellow emergency screen. I took the battery out hit the power button and the LG logo popped up then screen went blank. After messing around with the phone for about 15 minutes, when the phone was on the LG logo I held the home, volume up and power button for about 20 sec and it finally went to Arjen's P505 CWM. I was then was able to restore the backup of my stock rom. I cant figure out what went wrong as I think I followed the directions as they were written. Im not sure if this would cause a problem but on the root of my SD card I also had the recovery.img because I was considering the fastboot option for installing CWM before I decided to use the clockworkmod app route. I never deleted recovery.img file. Would that cause a problem?

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Having some problems with this method and cant figure out what I have done wrong. I installed CWM Optimus One (old bb) through the Clockworkmod app. Booted to CWM recovery through the app. Installed from zip Arjen's P505 CWM then went back and used "reboot recovery" Arjen P505 booted no problem. Happy that I had CWM P505 installed I decided to boot back to phone to make sure everything worked so I selected "reboot system now" When phone rebooted it was stuck on the yellow emergency screen. I took the battery out hit the power button and the LG logo popped up then screen went blank. After messing around with the phone for about 15 minutes, when the phone was on the LG logo I held the home, volume up and power button for about 20 sec and it finally went to Arjen's P505 CWM. I was then was able to restore the backup of my stock rom. I cant figure out what went wrong as I think I followed the directions as they were written. Im not sure if this would cause a problem but on the root of my SD card I also had the recovery.img because I was considering the fastboot option for installing CWM before I decided to use the clockworkmod app route. I never deleted recovery.img file. Would that cause a problem?

Bill will be quick to point out his tool in his signature if you want to try that method. It's possible by switching recovery's you corrupted something which caused emergency mode. You could try flashing another recovery and hope for the best or go through a little bit more work and flash a new recovery through windows. At least its pretty much impossible to brick our phones now with all the different tools available.

freudious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Bill will be quick to point out his tool in his signature if you want to try that method. It's possible by switching recovery's you corrupted something which caused emergency mode. You could try flashing another recovery and hope for the best or go through a little bit more work and flash a new recovery through windows. At least its pretty much impossible to brick our phones now with all the different tools available.

I did think I had bricked it there for a little bit. I'm happy I was able to get back to CWM somehow. Does flashing a recovery through windows offer any more protections than flashing through CWM? Is there a guide on how to do it?

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Which recovery are you using? There are some builds, and I believe this is one of them, that don't identify the device correctly. Check this thread for a recovery that fixes this issue.
Thanks bill.weckel! Im using the touch recovery now, has colour but everything is so huge.
Know of any way to make the LCD Density different in recovery?

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
No, and Rashed hasn't done anything with it in some time either. To be honest, I jump between the CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch ( sometimes referred to as Build 4, I'm not sure if this one is here and ACF or over at XDA ) and Rasheds 6.0.1.0. I'd don't use his touch build because of the reason you posted. The fat rows do scroll by the way, it's just too awkward to use.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715