CWM recovery gone after flashing ROM ?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,

So I rooted my phone, installed CWM via ROM Manager, created my backup, then flashed the GPE KitKat 4.4 for i9505 variants (which included my canadian version), and everything on my phone is working beautifully. I wanted stock Android, and I couldn't be happier. My question, is that when I just went back into ROM manager, it is now saying that I need a custom recovery installed... and that I don't have one, or a backup on my phone .... I am a bit confused how this happened, or what I should do? I am not planning on flashing anymore ROMS in the near future, as this is what I wanted ultimately, but I am worried now that if something happens down the road I will be screwed since I dot have a custom recovery... am I able to still install it again manually through odin? Would this cause an issue?

I have a SGH-i337m (Bell) and flashed the Google Play Edition 4.4 ROM for Galaxy S4 (my model number in settings now shows up as GT-I9505G, but still has my Canadian baseband version)

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
i would try hitting reboot to recovery (if you are rooted) and just check again if it reboots into stock recovery then you do have an issue, if it reboots into CWM, youre fine. because of the differences in ROMs, Rom Manager might not know there is a recovery installed.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Thanks so much. I rebooted into recovery and thank god it went into clockworkmod touch recovery. I'm new with rooting and recoveries (as you can obviously tell lol) and that just put my mind at ease seeing that lovely recovery screen lol. Do you think its just a case of ROM manager not recognizing the ROM I flashed? And if so, I'll just do anymore flashing manually then? Not looking to change Roms anytime soon now that I have 4.4 KitKat gpe on my phone lol

Posted via Android Central App

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
it mainly happens when you switch from an touchwiz to an AOSP/GPE/CM style rom you can manually set your recovery in ROM manager as well so it just knows you have a cwm recovery and won't bug you about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86