Cyanogen Mod On LG Optimus Slider

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Heh... I really hope you all get cyanogenmod on the slider. But, it's not really a task you can just walk into and do. The awesome thing is you all have source code on the slider. Thats a big deal. You need to go to LGE's open source page and download the source code for your device. You're going to need it. Good luck with this. A successful port to the vm slider will make a port to the L55C a lot easier.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
well this is going to be a hell of a lot harder than i thought.

lol yeah... a lot of people want to port this to their phones, but its a lot harder than it sounds. you're going to need the source code. you can use some of the github work, but you'll also need a computer thats suitable for compiling the cm build. you'll need either a mac or linux (ubuntu/debian/mint/etc.) . you cant compile this from a windows machine (outside of maybe emulating it) afaik. Good luck but this is a huge task to just jump into. Thats not to try to talk you out of it... I think you should definitely try, but you're going to need to do your homework.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Let's note that this actually takes some now how to do this. This is no where near just themeing or porting over a theme.
What were talking about here is actually developing the ROM to work on our device. We need someone with developing know how to do this. This is far more diffucult than just changing and modifying some pngs. As we themers do for themes.

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider running Gelato 11 28/ Gingerkernel7.1. Theme:ICS

dgf2002

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
FYI, for HP Touchpad users trying to setup wireless tethering and gps capability (ad hoc network) on a stock, rooted Virgin Mobile LG Slider, it works very well with the Cm 7 Alpha 2.1 version on the Touchpad and Wi-Fi Tether on the Slider. There are gps programs available on google market for the TP and the Slider for gps capability as well. Worked first try. Be sure to update google maps though.

I understand there are tethering issues with the cm 7 3.0 and 3.5 versions. I tried 3.5 and could not get it to work (quickly) so I just switched back to 2.1.Suits my purposes extremely well.

It would be nice to have a CM 7.0 for the slider to use the native infrastructure networking for tethering to webos on the Touchpad. Currently, I do tethering to the TP with an HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost with froyo 2.2 installed.

Good luck folks. I would offer to help, but I "don't know nuthin" bout programing.

David

(Thanks to all CM developers. Contribution made today)

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I could help complete the basic sources/whatever they are of the VM701 from the download on the previous page if that would help (adding libs and stuff).

I don't think I can actually create it because I am running windows, but I can get a start on getting it ready to be developed (if that makes sense).

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think if we all kicked in some money and paid a dev to port it over, it might be the best bet... Maybe I can get someone to help me, I have some free time now, and a computer that can handle it.. I have written some programs for android phones, and know how to change the framework but that's literally nothing compared to porting Cyanogen mod and ICS into our phones...

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I think if we all kicked in some money and paid a dev to port it over, it might be the best bet... Maybe I can get someone to help me, I have some free time now, and a computer that can handle it.. I have written some programs for android phones, and know how to change the framework but that's literally nothing compared to porting Cyanogen mod and ICS into our phones...

I think it's best to focus on CM7.2 for our devices, ICS isn't quite ready yet and has many bugs that have to be worked out first. Our phones weren't built to handle ICS, so it's gonna take some time before we can get something that is even stable enough for daily use.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it's best to focus on CM7.2 for our devices, ICS isn't quite ready yet and has many bugs that have to be worked out first. Our phones weren't built to handle ICS, so it's gonna take some time before we can get something that is even stable enough for daily use.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

I wasn't referring to porting ICS over, just using it as a reference.. I would probably need just a little help, I already have all the tools needed on my computer, and can program well enough to port it over.. I just don't know if I want to commit the time into doing it..

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't referring to porting ICS over, just using it as a reference.. I would probably need just a little help, I already have all the tools needed on my computer, and can program well enough to port it over.. I just don't know if I want to commit the time into doing it..

If you did commit the time, you would be doing everyone a HUGE favor, and from there people would recognize you as "The Ice Cream Man" (well not everyone, but I would. Maybe Man or Jedi)

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

dude. if you created cm7, I would seriously want to marry you. jk, but i would love you as much as i could love a stranger on the internet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard