CyanogenMod7 now available in beta!

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well nightly #8 is loaded, nothing new I can see but I'm tired... still very stable and snappy, love it.

Hey ultravisitor did you have any luck getting your phone going again?

kingpin119

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
hope this hasnt already been asked. but when docked in either the multimedia dock or car docks, do their respective apps still open automatically? are they the ones from gingerbread?

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Multimedia works yes, it basically just launches the clock app tho. I'm not sure if you mean something more (like for hdmi) cause I only use my dock as a clock. Hope this helps.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Nightly #8 w the camfix zip installed is working just as good as yesterday's nightly #7 with the camfix zip installed. Good to go. Except for sending pics in messaging, now it will attempt longer to send but still fail. Previously it would fail as soon as I hit send.

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Holding off on this until we can send pics via text, but that issue brought up a couple questions... first, is it just the stock app, or all apps (Handcent, etc) that it won't send pictures in? And secondly, will it send pictures as MMS via Gmail? I showed a friend the other day how sending an email to (insert10digitphonenumberhere)@vtext.com would actually send the message as a text to his wife on the verizon netwrok (she has no smart phone and he wanted to forward an email).

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried Handcent by itself and it wouldn't send.
I tried that 10digitnumber@vtext and I got a text from my email but the attachment(picture) was removed. It showed the filename(which were numbers) as a link and when tapped it brings up the dialer asking if I want to dial the file name in two different ways, like it split up the numbers in the file name into shortened phone numbers which obviously wouldnt dial out.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When I long press the homescreen & chose wallpaper-live wallpaper-then Nexus I get this far and no further but I can get into settings....

20110623185929.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge and installed CyanogenMod7 and I love it. No issues as of yet as I downloaded the beta and then flashed the various fixes and Nightly #8. I see #9 is available so I may flash that next.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow. what a kick to know that 2nd int is all CM7 and free of crap! BTW, this is so different that apex or liberty (not that they are bad, cause they rock!) but I am already getting addicted to this one fast. Going Nightlies....whooo hooo!

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So what happens after this last nightly #9 we just keep counting up past 10 til final build? I'm aassuming they'll maktte an announcement

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey ultravisitor did you have any luck getting your phone going again?

Well, the battery was just about dead the other night, so continued attempts at SBFs just failed. I let the phone sit for about 36 hours and got the battery recharged before reattempting yet another SBF. The SBF completed successfully (again), and what do you know? The stupid thing decides it wants to boot up this time.

Honestly, I don't know what happened. All I did was let the phone sit for a long time with the battery left out and the SD card removed.

And now I'm back up and on nightly 9, ready to rock and roll.

It was a terrifying experience, though. While my X was down, I had to use my BlackBerry Storm. After experiencing the X, I have NO idea how in the **** I managed to use the Storm for two years.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear you are back online with your X ultra, I know how stressful it is to be out of commission. (I also came from a storm, unbearable.)

As for the live wallpapers issues, I have been able to get 3rd party live wallpapers working just fine but the stock live wallpapers are just showing a loading screen.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you are back online with your X ultra, I know how stressful it is to be out of commission. (I also came from a storm, unbearable.)

As for the live wallpapers issues, I have been able to get 3rd party live wallpapers working just fine but the stock live wallpapers are just showing a loading screen.

Ahhh cool. Care to share the source?

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, the battery was just about dead the other night, so continued attempts at SBFs just failed. I let the phone sit for about 36 hours and got the battery recharged before reattempting yet another SBF. The SBF completed successfully (again), and what do you know? The stupid thing decides it wants to boot up this time.

Honestly, I don't know what happened. All I did was let the phone sit for a long time with the battery left out and the SD card removed.

And now I'm back up and on nightly 9, ready to rock and roll.

It was a terrifying experience, though. While my X was down, I had to use my BlackBerry Storm. After experiencing the X, I have NO idea how in the **** I managed to use the Storm for two years.

I had a similar problem happen to me this morning. Installed everything fine and when I updated to Nightly #9 I got stuck in a boot loop and I had to SBF my phone. Luckily I got back to Froyo and finally got back to CM7, the recommended way. How is Nightly #9? Do you all think its a good idea if I used Autokiller Memory app on CM7? Thanks for any feedback provided.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT