Data dropping randomly from 4G to nothing

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
former Tbolt owner here. the data drops got to be such a pain, it affected everything i tried to do on my phone. it's maddening to try and watch a youtube video on a 15 minute break, only to have data drop from your phone 10 times in 15 minutes. before the last OTA back in June, my tbolt worked just fine in this regard. finally, after one refurbed tbolt, verizon offered me the Rezound back in November. I have had one known drop of 4G signal since that day. if you call verizon, and talk NICE....they should offer you a suitable upgrade. it may take you one or two refurbs to get, it, but just do it, your patience should net you a newer, better device. I doubt they will go better than the rezound, but I've heard of people getting the razr maxx as a replacement. i wouldn't hold my breath for that, however.

I'm not too sure there are many bolts left that are still under warranty

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It would be covered under the extended warranty, if you bought it.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
former Tbolt owner here. the data drops got to be such a pain, it affected everything i tried to do on my phone. it's maddening to try and watch a youtube video on a 15 minute break, only to have data drop from your phone 10 times in 15 minutes. before the last OTA back in June, my tbolt worked just fine in this regard. finally, after one refurbed tbolt, verizon offered me the Rezound back in November. I have had one known drop of 4G signal since that day. if you call verizon, and talk NICE....they should offer you a suitable upgrade. it may take you one or two refurbs to get, it, but just do it, your patience should net you a newer, better device. I doubt they will go better than the rezound, but I've heard of people getting the razr maxx as a replacement. i wouldn't hold my breath for that, however.

I went from the tbolt to rezound to razr maxx all under warranty.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Original launch day owner here. Never had data issues (plenty of other issues mind you) till November 2012. Yep, same time I became eligible for an upgrade. Just bought a used Droid RAZR on ebay today because this dumbass phone wont keep a data connection for more than a couple minutes at best. It has progressively gotten worse every week since November, and I finally had enough as of this morning! I have unlimited data and have no interest in losing it with an upgrade, a notion that I'm sure Verizon is very familiar with and concerned about with hundreds of thousands of like minded customers. If they yank my unlimited in March when my 2 years are up I'll upgrade to the most expensive phone they have, then resell it unused on Ebay just for spite and few bucks. This big red machine is getting ugly.