Data settings for Consumer Cellular

MaryLou Krippner

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular with a Motorola Atrix MB860

I just moved my SIM card to a new unlocked ATT Galaxy S4, got the IMEI set up with Consumer Cellular, tried all the configurations for APN that were stated in this thread and still can't get Internet or MMS. And the supervisor at CC now says that it will not work because they have tried all they can. I am very frustrated and may have to return this phone. Any additional help?

amcostilla

May 18, 2014
Visit site

OMG! This worked! I tried several for hours till I finally came across yours. You are now my hero!!
I have an Atrix 2 that I recently had unlocked and left ATT provider. I now have Consumer Cellular and was unable to send/receive mms.'
Was considering getting another phone or going with another no contract provider. I don't have to now! I fell back in love with my phone and provider.
Thanks!

OldGunHand

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site

Okay, here's a strange one...maybe. Just got a Moto G through Consumer Cellular for my elderly father. Everything seems to work okay for the phone, internet, etc... except texting. After several experiments, this is what it will do. It WILL send and receive a text WITH a picture, so that is telling me that the MMS is working...but strangely, it will not send or receive JUST a message with only TEXT! I have tried the posted APN changes and several other possible fixes that others have posted, but my situation seems to be outside of these as most people seem to be able to send plain texts, but not MMS...I am the opposite! (of course!) Any ideas? Thanks

birdyman

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Dan, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I went thru the same thing with CC and although they tried to solve my problems they failed. I was searching the web and found your blog. I changed my settings exactly as you have them and low and behold everything now works.

Much appreciate.

Al

royboy159

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Mobilgal,
Thanks for the settings that worked on my Captivate. Funny part was that all the pics that failed to send months ago were automatically sent now. Thanks again

Billg226

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all for your posts as they helped me get my AT&T Pantech Pocket P9060, Android 2.3.6 on the internet. However, I can't do mms cause APN Type will not allow me to set it to default.mms.
Any help appreciated........Bill

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Have you tried Settings, Wireless & Networks, More, Mobile Networks, APN Settings?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rapunzl

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phones come unlocked, as long as you aren't and never have been under contract. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase an unlock code. You can get a free sim card from CC, or buy one from Sears or Target and get reimbursed. The only thing I haven't got working is the Hotspot. MMS works great with the instructions on CC's support site for non-consumer cellular phones. I love my GS5 and CC! :)

FPTII

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular Galaxie S3 Mini

I have aSamsung Galaxie S3 Mini that was an AT&T phone now on Consumer Cellular, but having lots of problems with messaging. Can't send pic messages nor can I send to more than one person at a time. I've called CC 4 times and 4 times I get bad information. Any programming suggestions???:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular Galaxie S3 Mini

Ok, I'm going to finally move this out of the Introductions forum, over to the US Carriers forum. I think it makes more sense there.

GeorgeP2

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
One thing I found with my Galaxy S4 Active previously on AT&T. You end up with two APNs one for AT&T and one for CC. I had been using it for a few weeks on CC when my phone was subsequently upgraded over the air to Android 5.0.1. In that process the APN defaulted back to AT&T. I had had to go back in and select the CC APN (still there) to be active so that my MMS could work again. Not obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484