Data still not working.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I know you'll hate reading this but Honestly a factory reset may be your only option since you now know the hardware is good in Safe Mode. You can still do a backup and restore just don't restore any system settings. Home screen settings should be fine to restore.

OR

Since you know you have to factory reset maybe still pursue a warranty replacement. Just let them know you've tried everything under the sun and they typically don't fuss about and just process the warranty replacement.
I'm trying to avoid both options. It's working for now. I'll see how long it last . If it goes out again I'll try a factory reset. Thanks for the help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Worked great in safe mode and after restart it started working again. It's like it's playing hide and seek with me. Lol
Either a app is causing this or maybe your carrier having issues on their end might want call them , your on sprint if I remember correctly?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just came from the Att store and apparently it was adguard . Once she had me uninstall it data started working. Ive had adguard since I got the phone and never had this issue, but whatever it's working for now. Thanks for all your help everyone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just came from the Att store and apparently it was adguard . Once she had me uninstall it data started working. Ive had adguard since I got the phone and never had this issue, but whatever it's working for now. Thanks for all your help everyone.
Glad you got it figured out.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

That's weird. I also use Ad Guard(plus 3 other as blockers 😀. I don't know if that's overkill) . I've not had this problem. Yet.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Man am I glad that I found this thread. I did an app optimization under Galaxy Labs and hosed wireless and cellular data. Tried the typical stuff. Nothing. I didn't have the adguard app, assuming that's what everyone in this threat was talking about, but I did have 'dns.adguard.com' set up as a Private DNS. I removed it and voila, data was back.
@mustang7757, If I remember right, i got the 'dns.adguard.com' recommendation from you in another thread. Do you know anything I can do to allow it to work again? I just tried it and had to turn it back off.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Man am I glad that I found this thread. I did an app optimization under Galaxy Labs and hosed wireless and cellular data. Tried the typical stuff. Nothing. I didn't have the adguard app, assuming that's what everyone in this threat was talking about, but I did have 'dns.adguard.com' set up as a Private DNS. I removed it and voila, data was back.
@mustang7757, If I remember right, i got the 'dns.adguard.com' recommendation from you in another thread. Do you know anything I can do to allow it to work again? I just tried it and had to turn it back off.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Hi, don't recall giving that advice
But try using dns to automatically
I use zen guard , just toggle on and leave private dns auto