Data Working/MMS not - MetroPCS

SublimeDime

May 30, 2015
Visit site
When I first got the phone I was having issues with the data being in and out, mostly out. When it did come up, I could only get 3G or H+. I found the thread by josearmz10789 and created a new APN with the settings below:

Name: MetroPCS
APN: fast. metropcs. com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http : //mms .metropcs .mmsmvno. com/ mms / wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:310
MNC:260
Authentication type:
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APPN protocol:IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol:IPv4

Now, the data is more in than out with 4G speeds, but I cannot send an MMS. I am pretty new to these forums and pretty ignorant to anything beyond setting up my google account on a new phone. Please help :(

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the APN for T-Mobile is set to ipv4 , I tried setting it to ipv6 but couldn't get a connection. I'd try switching the APN protocol to just IPv4

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
When I first got the phone I was having issues with the data being in and out, mostly out. When it did come up, I could only get 3G or H+. I found the thread by josearmz10789 and created a new APN with the settings below:

Name: MetroPCS
APN: fast. metropcs. com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http : //mms .metropcs .mmsmvno. com/ mms / wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:310
MNC:260
Authentication type:
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APPN protocol:IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol:IPv4

Now, the data is more in than out with 4G speeds, but I cannot send an MMS. I am pretty new to these forums and pretty ignorant to anything beyond setting up my google account on a new phone. Please help :(

I know this is probably not the case but in your settings that you show above there are spaces in the apn name and the web address for the mms server. If they are actually in your phone that way you would have a problem.

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've always had troubles sending and receiving MMS with MetroPCS.

I don't know if the situation has changed now that MetroPCS is on a GSM network. Before I was using CDMA.

I stay away from MMS as a result, but I'll be watching this post to see if any solutions come up.

warock56

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Your APN settings are ok (same as mine at least, I am on metroPCS in S Florida), I also struggled to find out why I could not send mms.

The problem I was having was when I was connected to wifi, I just had to disconnect from wifi to send an mms.

Or, you can download an app like Google Hangouts and use it as your default messaging app, that's what I did afterwards, it sends mms while you are connected to wifi.

I am sure it will work with most other 3rd party messaging apps but the phone came with Hangouts so I just used that and it worked.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just thought of something else, Is your MetroPCS sim in sim 2 by any chance?
MMS isn't like SMS it runs over the data connection and since sim 2 cannot connect to data only voice and text
MMS will not work on SIM2 ever

I have my AT&T sim in sim 2 and Sim 2 is greyed out once I add a picture.

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Had this problem with t mobile in SIM 1. Just went to Google messenger and it sent the mms no problem. I think the stock messenger had some bugs they need to fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lokesh