Dead Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 8" which is dead! I have trawled the internet and seen and tried all the usual tricks (holding in the power button, holding the power button and volume keys for 30 seconds etc etc). I have taken the unit back-panel off and have 4.5v on the disconnected battery - so the battery seems good! I have disconnected and re-connected the ribbon for the power-button to rule-out this as an issue. But still no power. Anyone any ideas? Please!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Screen issue? Since you already opened it PLUS it's otherwise not working, maybe try detaching then reconnected the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have found that one of our members @Beut is quite knowledgeable about Samsung tablets -- let's see if he can provide any assistance!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Tablet came out in 2013. Battery is likely shot.

Get a new tablet w/updated specs because even if your tab 3 was working, it couldn't really run current apps very well w/the limited and old specs.

I had a Tab 3 7.0 version and it died after 3 years

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 8" which is dead! I have trawled the internet and seen and tried all the usual tricks (holding in the power button, holding the power button and volume keys for 30 seconds etc etc). I have taken the unit back-panel off and have 4.5v on the disconnected battery - so the battery seems good! I have disconnected and re-connected the ribbon for the power-button to rule-out this as an issue. But still no power. Anyone any ideas? Please!

You need two tools to verify of your tablet is charging
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Bmeter%26_from%3DR40%26rt%3Dnc&token=oFiObYeZ

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Gala...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6283918

Change the USB port, if the old one has 0 or under 1.7 Amps charging current. If nothing is different with new USB port , your mainboard is defective. Make sure to use know working USB cable and adapter,

I see many silly users sent their tablet 1000 miles round trip to have only the USB cable replaced.

There is no guessing if you can see the charging current goes into your tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter