On my brand new Samsung S23 Ultra the Android Central Forums are all Washed Out on the display.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
On my brand new Samsung S23 Ultra the Android Central Forums are all Washed Out on the display. This is the only web site I am having this issue with.

If the Forums are in Light Mode the shades of blue, Gray, White, etc. all are washed out. If I use the Dark Mode on the AC Forums the Grays, Blacks, etc are still washed out.

If I try to use the Extra Dim, Eye Comfort or Blue Light filter settings for viewing the Forums at night it really washes out.

is there a theme or some other Setting I can use to increase the contrast of the Forums site? What am I missing?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here are the steps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. It works best on the desktop forum site. If you're using an app, make sure it's the AC Forums app (and not the old Android Central app), or use Tapatalk.

Screenshot_20230306_105919_Samsung_Internet[1].jpg

This screenshot doesn't really show how washed out the Forum Site gets when you Dim the S23 Ultra screen. A couple of thoughts I had were if the font can be made bold or a different Theme as a way to increase the contrast of the Forum Site.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks the same in Safe Mode. On the S23U handset I am just using the browser either Samsung or Duck Duck Go, no front end Application.

Oh wait -- so does the screenshot as you see it in the screenshot you posted in this thread have the flaws that you're talking about? If so, then it's just how the forum color scheme is set up. It looks normal to me (because I'm so used to it).

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait -- so does the screenshot as you see it in the screenshot you posted in this thread have the flaws that you're talking about? If so, then it's just how the forum color scheme is set up. It looks normal to me (because I'm so used to it).

Correct that's it. That is exactly what I am thinking it is the just the forum color scheme that is making it appear to washout as I Dim the screen for night mode and/or use candle light/warm tones in the evening. The same washout effect occurs in direct sunlight during the day in outside sunlight.

That's why I was wondering if the theme or forum color scheme could be changed? Also if the font can be made more bold to help with readability.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Correct that's it. That is exactly what I am thinking it is the just the forum color scheme that is making it appear to washout as I Dim the screen for night mode and/or use candle light/warm tones in the evening. The same washout effect occurs in direct sunlight during the day in outside sunlight.

That's why I was wondering if the theme or forum color scheme could be changed?
No it can't only your profile theme can change

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No it can't only your profile theme can change

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Ok understand. I was afraid of that. I will just make other adjustments on the S23U then. Thanks for your help and time on this question. Really appreciate it.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's just how the forum looks. All white with gray text. Even the site on a PC looks like that and I don't like it either.

That's why I use the Tapatalk app on my phone. It has a dark mode which is much easier to read.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000