Delayed Activation for carriers?

Catman51

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
On Reddit they are saying the z3 can't be activated until Friday? Samsung has to upgrade the carriers.
Hoping mine will activate when I get it tomorrow.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe that's what they meant. I will be using the existing, so hoping it's just for new ones.
It's still weird because I've never heard of that happening before. I guess anything is possible. If I had to guess could be an IMEI issue with a specific carriers I suppose but we really don't know unless we hear more.

Last edited:

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working fine but i got an email from verizon saying they detected a new sim and when i try to activate and enter the imei and sim id, its already there. so maybe tomorrow it will clear up?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine is working fine but i got an email from verizon saying they detected a new sim and when i try to activate and enter the imei and sim id, its already there. so maybe tomorrow it will clear up?
Thats been happening lately on Verizon whenever I swap phones. I don't believe you actually have to do anything.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Swapped the SIM from ZF2 and since that's a first in all the years of Smart Phones without calling, asking, or going onto VZ's website... it just worked! Since mine is the unlocked version (non-carrier specific), was surprised it worked so easy.
Received the same email from VZ too. And when i looked at my account online, all was there.
Do you folks with VZ and factory unlocked devices have a blank picture of your phone too? When i activated the ZF2 last year it was the same thing as this year, generic non-picture of this Device! Had to even re-nickname it. Oh Well...
Good Luck! Peace

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Activation

It's still weird because I've never heard of that happening before. I guess anything is possible. If I had to guess could be an IMEI issue with a specific carriers I suppose but we really don't know unless we hear more.

The issue that was discussed on Reddit was specific to some one who had previously sprint sim and tried to use that in Z Fold 3. It’s more of a special case scenario for sprint T-Mobile migration or something like that. Majority of us will not have that issue

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and I've only had to contact them once when swapping a sim, that was when I needed to get a nano sim for my Moto X Pure Edition, I'm still using that same sim no issues. These have all been unlocked phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson