Delete Stock Apps

lilmicstar

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay here's the thing.

I've bought my samsung galaxy s just a week ago.
I'm annoyed by the stock apps. I understand you can only delete them by rooting it.
So i've a couple of questions,

1. How do I root my samsung galaxy s ( the easiest way, i'm new to android )

2. How do i delete the stock apps once my phone is rooted.

3. How do i Un-Root my phone again.

4. Can I and what happens if i connect my phone to the KIES software from samsung and i want to update my phone ( e.x. to 2.3.4 , i'm running 2.3.3 now )

I hope someone can give the answers to my questions.

Have a nice day :D

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
To root your phone, go Google One Click Root... super easy, to unrooted... that I have never learned, but there is always flashing a stock rom ( which will then put all of your stock apps back so lol). If you root and want to remove the stock apps, they are in the system/apps folder and you can use something like Root Explorer to do so... first you mount r/w( read/write) then you look for the app (example would be Slacker, the apk would be called slacker.apk) delete the apk, and it should be gone, if you still see it you might have to restart. By the way, try not to delete system stock apps as it could brick your device. Oh and when you update when you're rooted, you lose root and any carrier bloat that is in the update will be installed again. Good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

jbt.pham

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above post; you can possibly brick your phone if you delete the wrong stock apps. But, in case you want to try anyway...I use ES File Explorer from the market. Once you root your phone, open ES File Explorer, go into settings, select root explorer and mount file system. At the main screen, select the SD icon. You can delete .apk files in system/app. Make sure you restart!

If you need any help, don't hesitate to send me a PM. :)

Last edited:

Morbital

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have done what you requested for my Acer A320 (Liquid express) but the apps I wanted to remove weren't in the folder you said. But in the data/flax folder of the phone. Strange thing thzt ahappend is that when i removed them from there it didn't free up more space... even worse I lost space.
I'm new at this and could use some help with this. The only thing I would like is to be able to install apps I like/need instead of the ones that or on there I dont need...

Last edited:

Lt Data

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Old thread revival, here goes.
You can't really hard brick these phones, they're pretty much indestructible. You can soft brick them, as I have once or twice, but since you can always boot into recovery or download mode, the option exists to return it to factory (unrooted) spec. To do so, download Odin and you can unroot your phone and reinstall your stock OS whenever you want.

To remove stock apps, after rooting, I installed ES File manager. When that app has superuser rights, you can use the app manager built in to the app to uninstall the bloatware that comes installed on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej