Did I cause my battery problems?

courtneyp85

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone a lot for Facebook, IM and web and by 4pm I'm down to 35% battery. I tend to plug it in when it goes below 50%. My question is, does that so damage to the battery? Should I run it down to 5% or dead? I need better battery life.

naldonnis

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding is that when you use the phone for data it's gonna run the battery down quick. I have my auto sync turned off because I like to manually refresh my email and other things. That saved me a good bit of battery. But now I use a qcell extended battery that I got off of amazon for $20. I can get about 15 hours out of it before it hits 30%

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
You should power cycle batteries. Even the ones that claim there is no memory inlay. Let it drain fully dead, once the phone shuts itself down, try to power it on over and over till nothing happens. Then charge the battery fully up and use it till it fully dies again. Repeat step one for this second dead time. Then once fully charged for the second time, you should see better battery life. Also turn screen brightness as low as you can stand it.