Did Verizon recently drop their international coverage in Vietnam?

A

AC Question

I've been in Vietnam for a month now and just got a $300 phone bill, but when I was planning this back in May I used their trip planner tool to figure out the best coverage and I swear I remember seeing Vietnam in their list of countries--I plan too obsessively to just overlook that. But when I called, they were quick to remove the plan from my account for me but then said they had NEVER had an agreement with carriers in Vietnam. That not only sounded disingenuous when she said it but hard to believe, as we do lots of business here and many people have Verizon in the US and keep it for travel.

Since then I've gotten a cheap local SIM card and am fine but I don't wan to pay an unfair bill if something changed and they didn't tell me. They seemed to have scrubbed any proof from online, but I did find this in an old community forum, where they not only state they have Global CDMA rates for Vietnam, but the URL even has Vietnam in the title--now this link redirects to their general international coverage page.

Anybody have ideas on where to confirm whether Verizon is being honest and when it started (other than a 5 year old forum post)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT