Diesel On Full Guard - Anyone Have One

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw one in the local Dillards at 30% off for an out the door price of $245. I love the look and feel of this watch and the reviews are mostly favorable. It does not have a heart rate monitor, which I don't mind, and it doesn't have NFC, which I kinda' want for android pay but it isn't a deal breaker.

Anyone have one they wish to chime in about?

https://shop.diesel.com/smartwatches/dzt2002/DT200200QQQ.htm

Screenshot 2017-12-23 at 7.36.56 PM.png

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Good price for that watch, but I would not spend that kind of $$ on Android wear. Your money is better spent on Smasung / Tizen... a reliable ecosystem that has been well supported by the mother ship.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Forget about looks... at these prices you deserve something that just plain WORKS.
My experience on android wear has been awful. Heres my timeline with a moto 360 gen-2

March 2016 - Purchased for $360 on Amazon

March 2017 - Android releases 2.0 version and all my android messages and gmail notificaions terminate. By that I mean I get none at all. Despite DOZENS of factory resets, deletes and re-download after re-download.

April 2017 - November 2017 - Watch is useless. A $360 dumb-watch just sitting on the night stand used as a bedroom clock.

December 1 - December 22 - Like Magic, the Google Borg mother ship decides to re-instate my device back into the collective and once again I receive notifications for android messages and gmail.

TODAY (!!) I was christmas shopping for my little cousin and text-ing his mom (my cousin) about gift ideas. Rifght in the middle of our text-ing sessions, the Borg collective pulls my plug AGAIN!!! And once more I get no notifications at all.

>cleared cache
>turned off and on Bluetooth on both my phone and the watch
>re-booted the watch

NOTHING!

Android Wear BY FAR is the worst consumer product I have ever purchased... I can't in any way recommend it over Tizen or Apple. My words are strong, but I stand by them... BUGGY AS ALL HELL!!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I just got another text from my cousin (as I type above)... this time sent me a pic from her daughters soccer game.

NOTHING on my watch... Back to the night-stand it goes.

Frustrating beyond belief. A $350-400 consumer product should last longer than ~1 year of use. Motorola released it only a few months prior to my purchase in March 2016... it was (and should be) FAR from out-dated. Not even 2 years!!

Long running thread here on the google support forums:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/android-wear/LeQYY8DFiyY

Last edited:

Onkel Per

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had a Sony Smartwatch 3 Android Wear since mid 2015, and newer had any of the problems. It's still running perfect and still non of the watches out there today can make me get a newer one.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an option to get a LG Watch Sport for $150 but like I said I am on Verizon, I have seen the threads about activating it on VZW, but I am not really worried to much about making calls from the watch.

What I do want to know is will this pair with my S8+ for notifications, sending texts, and using it for Android Pay?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thats a popular pairing... it by all means should work. Hopefully the LG Sport will be supported longer/better than the other AW watches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84