Differences?

wolf howl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife's uncle is looking to sell his Galaxy Tablet for $175 and I'm not sure which model it is. What's the easiest way to tell the difference between this one and the regular 7"? I believe the OS is different, which I could tell if I actually was able to see the tablet, but if I called them to ask what it was and they weren't sure (very likely), what would be the easiest way for them to find that out on the device?

I just picked up my first tablet today, the HTC Flyer for $200, and got offered this one while visiting for Turkey Day. We want two tablets so def keeping the Flyer regardless.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure he has the old version because he would've paid $400 within the last two weeks to get the new version. It's only been out that long. The other way to tell if it's the old one is if there are capacitive light up buttons on the bottom of the bezel.

Sent from my SGH-T869 using Tapatalk

wolf howl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, that clears it up then! haha I'm a complete newb to tablets really as they are just now coming down to a price I feel comfortable paying.

Think it's worth $175 with a leather case and screen guard on it? I'm thinking of waiting till at least Monday before telling them yay or nay anyways to see what other deals come about. I'd really like a 10" tab since we are getting a 7" already.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to sell my original galaxy tab for $175. It's better than the Kindle fire if you add in the GPS and the cameras and the full android market. The kindle fire and the nook color have their own app stores which are smaller and you can put their stores on the galaxy Tab anyway

I have never really been interested in the 10 inch tablet factor because it does not seem that much more portable than a laptop. That's just me tho. I love the 7.0 size.

sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

wolf howl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the Nook and Kindle Fire as well but unless you want to root it seems like it's a really great e-reader that can do a few other things now, versus being a great tablet that's also a nice e-reader, which is what we'd prefer since she already has a Nook.

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Kindle Fire and returned it in exchange for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Definitely a good move. This thing is much better than the Fire. I am sure a lot of people will love the Fire and that it will sell very well, but it just isn't the full tablet experience.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk