Disable Ringer Volume control and change to media

Crimson Frost

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to know the solution.
Funny story: the time I got my hone as a gift from a relative the volume buttons ALWAYS change the media sound [And I love it]
but sadly after the 3rd reboot, it switched to ringer and I had to touch the cog whenerver I want to change media volume [I thought this was a bug and do some research to fix this]
Now I realize the fact of my phone volume buttons stuck with media sound is actually a BUG [ a WONDERFUL bug bytheway]

COnclution: we have 4 kinds of sound edittings, why dont we have a option for assigning default job for the volume buttons? If I have that, I'll make it so my buttons can only edit media volume. [MAKE THAT BUG LEGAL PLZ]

Alberto Maupome

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, don't know if this helps you, but it helped me.

This app lets you control de media volume directly by adding buttons (mute/unmute, up and down) to your notification bar, it's the best I could find.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.njsoftware.volumechanger

Hope it works for you.

LilyLily

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I don't even mind if that rocker button is dedicated to media volume only.
Also, a ringer slide can show up on a "receiving phone call" screen because I see alot of people scrambling to lower phone ringer button too. To change the ringer on that screen plus from the notification bar is plenty enough for the ringer.

Stephen Dail

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Somehow you're the ONLY person who actually answered the question. This was extremely easy to install. Thank you so much!
Warning. The app (Rocker Locker) works exactly as designed regarding giving volume control primacy to the media volume, but it does so at significant impact to battery use. See reviews on Google Play.

The service apparently keeps a zero volume media stream going continuously which causes Android to default to media volume first. Normally when you have a media playing app as the active application, Android will adjust the media volume; Rocker Locker syd this condition but this causes continual battery drain. Second only to screen on time in my tests.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984