disabled by administrator screen lock moto g 3rd gen

mohrohi

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am using moto g 3rd gen phone, few months ago I had set up corporate email account in my phone and after that my phone's security feature, pattern and swipe lock got disabled (greyed out) and since than I am unable to use these methods of screen lock, could anybody please provide solution for this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it only allow you to use password or PIN? That may be a requirement of your corporate security.

Try going to Settings>Security and Clear Credentials (although this might cause issues with accessing your corporate email).

Also, go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators and see if anything besides Android Device Manager is listed there.

mohrohi

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank u for your help, and yes Clearing Credentials has caused problems to corporate email (previously). I have checked that besides Android Device Manager, Email option is also checked, and when I wanted to unchecked, it gives warning that my email accounts will be deleted. Please suggest, what to do now.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank u for your help, and yes Clearing Credentials has caused problems to corporate email (previously). I have checked that besides Android Device Manager, Email option is also checked, and when I wanted to unchecked, it gives warning that my email accounts will be deleted. Please suggest, what to do now.
This is due to your corporate security policy, they have it setup so that if your corporate email is on your device, you must give it administration access (Android Device Administrator) and it can control your security settings, and much more. Whether you realize it or not, not only can it mandate your password and lockscreen types, it can force device encryption, minimum password length and strength, force set the inactivity timer, force you to set or change your password on certain intervals, and *** get ready for this *** lock your device (meaning lock you OUT of it) and wipe all data immediately, in other words, your company can factory default your device on demand. - Source

Having an account which requires Device Administrator access can be potentially very dangerous, you should really consider whether having a corporate email account on a personal device is a wise and proper choice.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Talk to your your company's email administrator. It doesn't make sense that they would disable something like the pin lock on your phone. Usually they want the exact opposite.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg