No Supplementary services option?

johnrandolph

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I just purchased a Note 10 plus and was trying to see how to forward calls, but there is no "supplementary services" option on my phone that I can find.

I purchased the phone from BestBuy that is locked to Verizon if that matters. Would this be a phone issue or a Verizon issue?

Thanks...

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just purchased a Note 10 plus and was trying to see how to forward calls, but there is no "supplementary services" option on my phone that I can find.

I purchased the phone from BestBuy that is locked to Verizon if that matters. Would this be a phone issue or a Verizon issue?

Thanks...
You can do it in the My Verizon app

johnrandolph

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Yes - the only thing is, you are not changing anything on the phone - but at the Carrier level - if that matters

Any idea as to why my phone doesn't have those call forwarding settings on my phone? When I google this problem they say to go into phone settings and then into supplementary services. There is no supplementary services option on my phone as far as I can tell.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any idea as to why my phone doesn't have those call forwarding settings on my phone? When I google this problem they say to go into phone settings and then into supplementary services. There is no supplementary services option on my phone as far as I can tell.
Probably some carriers take that feature out so you can use their apps

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

It's because Verizon, like other carriers, have a modified version of the phones software.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Thanks...
Here are the instructions straight from Verizon.

Call forwarding is a carrier service it's not built in to any phone's software. I've never seen it on ANY phone I've ever had or used. It's been around longer than cell phones.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ow_to_use/call-forwarding.html&token=P2PqVEcM

Also, your phone will unlock after 60 days.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Call forwarding has never been part of a phones software. It's a service provided by carriers that's been around decades.
Never said it was part of the software , some carriers take it away the Sim card dictates what services like that get installed .
Take for example :
Note 9 download booster is on when I insert my TMobile sim , then when insert my Att it's not there.

johnrandolph

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for all the info guys. I always thought call forwarding was a feature of the phone and not the carrier. Most of the phones, if not all that I have owned, had this feature listed in the call settings area. This Note 10 plus is the first phone I have owned that didn't have it listed on the phone itself.

Thanks again, at least I can now use it if I need it.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41