Disabling "press menu to unlock"

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Any way to do so? I keep unlocking my phone in my pocket and I am sure it is because I am hitting the power button on top then the menu button. I set the pattern lock to avoid this for now, but I really dont need to "lock" my phone. Just dont want it unlocking when it shouldn't be! I went through settings searching for an option but nothing. I have a feeling I am out of luck but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

biggins82786

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no clue, man. I had actually never known that you could unlock it by pressing the menu button. I've never run into this problem. You could put it in your pocket with the screen facing away from your leg. Maybe that would help?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You have to keep your hands out of your pocket LOL. I didn't think that could happen because just touching the menu button with anything other then your hand won't unlock it.

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
my butt seems to be able to touch the screen and wake the phone through my boxers and my pocket lining (I keep the phone in the back left pocket when I'm standing up)

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty impressive how your rear end can press the power button and then the menu button in the property order. Hidden talent? ;)

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I know it's weird, but once in a while I hear clicking from my posterior. And when I pull my phone out, I'm usually halfway through typing a nonsense text to a coworker's office number.

RAS187

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i had a problem double pressing menu twice which i think is jut weird n very easy to unlock in a pocket and i didnt wanna root my phone or anything and finally i heard of lockbot there is a free version and i suggest everyone who has the problem with unlocking in pocket and dont wanna unlock with a pattern try it out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skrifjar14