Disapointed with Samsung?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am a Samsung honk. Outside of the appliances I nearly always purchase samsung as they are always reliable and solid. I still have my first MP3 player that I purchased over the ipod shuffle, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F2Z0LW/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5665724.
However, the Galaxy line is starting to annoy me. I have had the S3, Note 2, Note 3, S5 and now the S7. Technically I am on my 5'th S7, first two were replaced under insurance as I broke the screens on both, third was replaced because the multi window button went crazy and the 4 because it got only 5 hours of battery life and was super sluggish. But the performance and quirks are starting to get really annoying especially since they are identical to my old Samsungs. Bluetooth refusing to autoconnect, sluggish operating system, although it is better, much better, but it is still tap and wait, will not find chromecast under quick connect, unlike my $50 LG L90, so I have to use google home to connect. I do love the waterproofing, samsung pay and wireless charging.
I knew other phones were faster but I still preferred my S7. Until I got a Moto Z Play for work. It is just better for everyday use. It is way faster in switching screens and opening apps, instantly finds my chromecast, fingerprint sensor is WAY better integrated, use it when the lock screen is on, don't have to hit the home key, it also locks the phone, don't care much for the location. Speakers are better, but samsungs speakers always sucked. The battery charges way faster and it lasts much longer. I unplug them at the same time and by the end of the day where I am on the web, on the phone, texting ALL day, and using a very battery intensive GPS location app at about 9 hours it still has 50% battery. Whereas my S7 I need to charge halfway through the day just sitting there and only connected to bluetooth playing music, nothing else, then I have to charge it again when I get home.
Don't get me wrong, I think the S7 is an awesome phone but Samsung can't seem to get out of it's own way. The latest factory reset seems to have cleared some of the speed issues up, it was the third time in two weeks. It could also be that TMobile keeps giving me crappy replacement phones. But if they ad waterproofing to the next Moto flagship I might jump ship. I also feel that N might clear up a bunch of the issues that Samsung/carriers refuse to fix. I'll wait and see because I really am a samsung honk, but things have to change because there are to many lower cost phones that are just great phones. If you don't need or want waterproof and samsung pay, there are a LOT of choices out there for half the cost of a samsung.

Am I the only one? Did I just get a bad string of replacement phones? Do you think Samsung will actually acknowledge their fans? I actually believe that the way they are designing their software they might dump Android and move to Tizen. If you look and how they do a lot of their own app integration it is very nice, like file sharing between samsungs.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me when i got my lgg4.... i had replaced it aroun 7 times before i got one that didnt overheat. People claimed that it was a good phone. But it kept overheating bootlooping and laggy. That being said my galaxy s7 has been the best iv owned. Although, sometimes it has been unreliable. Some times i get 6 hours sot and my phone doesnt need to even charge. This was last update though... sprint releases a update that was suppose to fix some lte issue and now all it has done is caused my phone to over heat. I factory reset it but still draining and i lost my screenshots in the process... it still lasts me all day though but i do miss my old battery life.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the biggest issue is the sluggish interface came from the last or previous update. When I first got the phones they were blazing fast, the second one was also, but a couple of months ago there was an update and it has been crap since. I also wonder if Samsungs warranty phones are just turned on, wiped, checked to see if it functions and sent back out, never actually fixing things.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais