Dismal battery life

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that running with s-health tracking location (no music playing) drains a little under 1% per minute. Running is only a small part of my training so I can live with that, since when I get home I can put the watch on the charger and recoup some of that anyway. But the initial issue that led to this thread hasn't happened again, though I'm keeping a close eye on it.

I think for general notifications and the occasional outbound email/sms/call, it'll be easy to get through a day. When you start adding streaming bluetooth and GPS tracking, then you need to consider how close you can be to the charger during the day. If you take a run, charge the watch while you shower, etc.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the Gear S2 but the original Gear S watch. I don't wear it anymore. When I did wear it, I quickly figured out that the battery life crippled once I turned off cellular and just connected to my phone through BT. I only had to charge the watch every 2.5-3 days when connected through bluetooth.

Maybe this will help.

Jazu79

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Would not say it is false marketing from battery point of view (but support for non Samsung phones IS).
As I stated in one of the earlier thread, I can get three days with normal use. I am now charging every other night to be sure and to have some room to play and show the device.
Btw. Returned today the device to local Samsung flagshipstore for service because of too loose ring. Let's see can they repair it. It was the first one they received for repair and they did not have even a charger for it.. Hope they get spare gasket etc to remain IP rating..

Sony Xperia Z2 & Samsung Gear S2

Last edited:

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Would not say it is false marketing from battery point of view (but support for non Samsung phones IS).
As I stated in one of the earlier thread, I can get three days with normal use. I am now charging every other night to be sure and to have some room to pay and show the device.
Btw. Returned today the device to local Samsung flagshipstore for service because of too loose ring. Let's see can they repair it. It was the first one they received for repair and they did not have even a charger for it.. Hope they get spare gasket etc to remain IP rating..

Sony Xperia Z2 & Samsung Gear S2
Sold! Just ordered a black one from TMobile, with no restocking fee should I decide to return it.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This is still pretty bad. Off charger this morning at 8:30. Very short run, no music, just s-health GPS tracking, and I've been in remote connection for about half an hour. 10am and I'm at 81%. Putting it back on the charger and wondering how far I'll get through the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meip