...dissapointed in the Galaxy Alpha

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
720p is absolutely acceptable for this screen size. My issue comes with display type. Had they skipped Pentile and went with a similar type of display tech as iPhone 6 all would be fine and dandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly my point as well! +1
The damn pentile crap is the thing that destroys the display.

And for you claiming "it's not possible to see any problem with the penile matrix on this 720p display. We're just crazy saying this about the Alpha" : go see an eye doctor! Pronto! And stop BS:ing!

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
That seems offensive.
Are you guys for real?? "Grow up, child" is offensiv?? It was a reply to: "You can't see it. You're absolutely full of it."

Telling me I'm a lier and full off ****, THAT'S offensive! And plane childish. If you're into statements like those, I suggest you move along..... You don't belong in a forum like XDA!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys for real?? "Grow up, child" is offensiv?? It was a reply to: "You can't see it. You're absolutely full of it."

Telling me I'm a lier and full off ****, THAT'S offensive! And plane childish. If you're into statements like those, I suggest you move along..... You don't belong in a forum like XDA!

Ever hear the expression, "Two wrongs don't make a right"? ...oh nevermind.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My2 cents....
I used iPhone for many years. 4,4s,5. I went to a Galaxy s4 for a while. The phone was great but the deal killer for me was extremely poor battery life. 30 minutes of reading news took it down to 60%. Doing the same with my iPhone, never went below 95%.
Yesterday, iTunes wiped over 80 albums of music from my account and phone during a sync. Nothing worked to get them back. I kept getting some error code (-5000). Bye Bye Apple. I went to AT&T and looked at the new Moto X and the Alpha. Both had pros and cons. I chose the Alpha because of its bigger memory and it felt better in my hands. I have read a lot of posts here about HD 1080 this and 720 that. My son walked by while I was setting up the phone and he said "wow look how clear that picture is". He has an iPhone 5s. Proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I am happy with my choice, the battery was at 92% this morning after my usual round of website browsing. I have not had to charge my phone at work today. By now both my iPhone 5 and s4 would be at 20% or less. My Alpha is at 50% right now. In the end, we chose what best fits our needs, not pissing matches on forums.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the S5 is a damn good phone and after the Sept launch announcements I still might get the S5. As a verizon customer I was really hoping for a 32 gb version but unfortunately that doesn't exist.
Basically I feeling picky but 3gb of RAM and 32gb of storage would have sold me at the get go and unfortunately I put way too much hope on the Alpha rumors!

If you want 32 gigs of memory a 3 gigs of ram get yourself a note 3 like me are better yet the note 4😊

Posted via Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That's a pretty lame argument since IOS is optimized like crazy for the specific HW in the IPhone - and doesn't need high specifications to run really smoothly.

And on the contrary, we all know that Android is a general SW that should be able to run on a huge amount of different HW. And also that it demands crazy *** specifications to run just pretty smoothly.

Also the Alpha display is NOT on pair with the Ip6 due to the crap pentile diamond matrix Samsung uses. It SUCKS in comparison, IMO.

And all the above comes from me, a die hard Android fan! Never owned an apple product period, never will. But you got to be able to look at things a bit more objectively! I hate fan boyism!

Well if it's the better screen you want then Sammy has you covered the galaxy s5 is not that much bigger and if you want power and screen then you need the note 4 the display on the alpha is fine I think for the screen size if you really want to watch a lot of media then the note 4 is the phone to get

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Why the compromise though, the only thing "premium" seems to be the metal ring. I'm sorry, but compromising specs for better build quality is not premium. In my mind premium is uncompromising.

That's why is cheaper right now. To be honest the specs are low, but when u use the phone you'll see no difference from the s5. Ive even seen the alpha beat the s5 in benchmark tests.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Did they paint the aluminium on the Alpha like they did on the Note 4? Can't for the life of me figure why they messed up the Note 4's aluminium by painting it. Paint can wear off, leaving it brushed would have been superior.

Last edited:

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
No I don't believe it's painted on the galaxy alpha. On the note 4 I think the color paint over the metal construction is cheap

-Sent from Samsung Galaxy Alpha

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
And here is the frustrating thing for Active People like me who actually need a powerful phone/good,camera
for business.
The Alpha is a very good phone, near perfect size BUT it could have been or still could be in a different release/different name a Note 4 Compact.

9 or 10 mm thick, 2800-3000 Mah,Battery, Killer Camera from Note 4, big speaker from Note 4, 805 CPU ,3 Gigs RAM , SD Card.

Alpha Pro , or better A 100, or A-Pro since AT&T and Bell have Alpha Contracts-call it something else.

$750 The Ultimate Compact Phone.
Xperia Z3 C is fragile, quirky.
Why didn't Samsung give it their best ?
They got obsessed with Iphone 6 and copied it's Limitations ?

Will they,make Alpha Pro/Note 4 Compact device ?

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 is better even excluding the screen res but the alpha is a good phone.... Might consider it if I didn't want the note and had AT&T

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I agree with almost all the comments in this whole thread.

However I need a powerful Android that fits easily in pocket for no flex breaking of screen etc.

Need good Camera partly for business also.

So I have two choices for Android.
Z3 Compact and Alpha.

I WISH they would make a thicker Alpha Type 4.7" Device with all the
specs and Camera of Note 4 or Note
5 with 2800-3000 Mah Battery, SD Card and big or Stereo Speakers-for
750 Dollars- REAL Alpha.

But that won't happen cause they will think no one likes 4.7" when really they throttled Alpha-

But not too much so still a good choice if you like me want something pocket sized.

That does NOT mean thin. I would MUCH rather have a 10 mm thick
Phone with all features and big battery and FLUSH Camera Lens at back=more rugged.

And if the Camera sticks out, kind of
weird because phone rests on Camera Lens housing (wtf¿).

The "Thinness Race" and "4 Ounce
Race" are limiting our Phones .

Anyway, Z3C seems fragile and inconsistent , some speakers loud, some low volume, bugs, and fragile.

So Alpha is probably it.

Last edited:

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
People are stupid. They buy what gets advertised to them. Samsung and Apple are marketing kings and dominate market share. Coincidence? No.
Yes, but they don't advertise Alpha much it's on exclusive in USA With AT&T and mostly Bell Canada in Canada ( great bands for TMobile/Metro PCS- Canada Bell=same Bands).

They SHOULD have made a Flagship Alpha instead of Big Tease .

So weird- would barely have cost more BUT would need to be thicker like 9 mm ( no one would care except reviewers HTC ONE M8 is thicker), they COULD have all specs of Note 4 including that Camera-and Alpha would be huge with Marketing.

Alpha is a good rugged phone, but Note 4 is really the Flagship, Note 4 has killer Camera....frustrating about Alpha.

It's beautiful, rugged, good Camera and I may get one but good points about going backwards-plus they call it Alpha , when it's actually Delta or Gamma, or .....behind S5, Note 2, 3, 4 and Edge.
So it's Galaxy Sigma or next letter, lol.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. No SD slot gave me pause as well, but I got by for three years with 16gb, so I'm sure I can survive with 32. And yes, the cloud helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe