DNA vs S3 Signal Strength (dBm)

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have both. Just stating what mine says right now. I can say that the HTC devices have better radios than the Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jasper7821

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How do you check signal strength in dBm

Nevermind, found it.
In the middle of the desert at work and it says -94 dBm, not great service on base here.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have both. Just stating what mine says right now. I can say that the HTC devices have better radios than the Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Can confirm that. Had my wife's dna and my note 2 together few days back and dna was 5 higher.

Ran 4g speed test and while dna download was faster, note 2 upload was a lot faster.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

gorf79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh nooo you didn't!
Haha, here comes the cell signal battles.

I'll compare when the girl gets home.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I know, but I had to ask :p. How are you enjoying it thus far?

- - - Updated - - -

I think he wants you to compare the signals when the phones are sitting side by side.

This is what I was looking for, but any input is appreciated :)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
a4yvavym.jpg

apazyra7.jpg

Taken side by side. I think overall the HTC has a slight advantage, neither have every had a dropped call.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I will input my current experience with my DNA.. except i know the thread is mainly about comparing with a samsung S3....

I am currently on vacation in the mountains of NC and the resort we stay at has always had bad coverage.. i constantly bounce between verizon 3g, extended network 3g, and some 1X.. i brought my RAZR (OG not HD) and as you can see i am having to use my razr to type this.. :-(... my dna "will" get a signal but it bounces so much that making calls or having a usable data connection is horribly sporadic but the RAZR is doing quite well.. sadly enough so is my wifes iPhone 5...

While at home both phones show almost the exact -dbm signal... but then again i live less than a mile from a cell site.. so it appears the moto does a better job of holding a weak signal... good thing i only come here once a year.. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80