Do we have Nexi or is 12 DEC off the list?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure of the laws of MA as I am in texas, I only read about MA as a particilar state that has been having issue with it so I used it as an example. I am not sure you are right though about sales tax being paid at registration. If I own a car for 10 years and move to MA and register the car in MA, MA is not going to charge me sales tax. I think you may have another tax you are thinking of.

In Texas, you pay TTL (tax, title, license) when you buy the car, this includes registration (You do pay some taxes for road work and such, which is part of registration, but that is not sales tax). If you just want to register it because you bring it in from another state, sales tax is not included in the registration. So if say oklahoma did not charge tax when you bought the car, but texas does. I could go to Oklahoma, buy the car tax free, take it back to Texas and register it. Since Texas does not charge sales Tax when you register the car, I just got a car tax free.

In Alabama when you get your tag you pay all that. You have to provide a bill of sale for the tax you are talking about. If you have no bill of sale, for instance you just moved to the state from somewhere else, or you got the car given to you for free, they tax you based on the assumed value of the car. Probably the same way there, if that's the case you are both talking about the same thing.

/on topic

I really hope the 15th is the date, I've gotten around to looking at the Rezound and it's looking nicer and nicer by the day. I need to go check if the Rezound has gotten S-off yet. Once it come to the point I can clean it up and ROM it, if the Nexus isn't released by then, I'll be going with a Rezound I'm afraid. The hurry up and wait release cycle we have going, even if it is customer driven / leak driven, is driving me mad.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
unfortunately they charge you sales tax AND excise tax

I bought a motorcycle this fall for cheap and you can see on my registration there is sales tax, I ALSO got a bill in the mail for excise tax (only 5 or 10 bucks)

IMG_20111212_143432.jpg

I hate this state......

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I never imagined it would be this long. I remember back in November thinking surly we would see the phone by now. I've got the GSM version and am really enjoying it. If I hadn't got it I'd be going crazy right now waiting on the Verizon version.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
taxes and death.....the only 2 things you can really count on in life!

funny how these things get derailed sometimes!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Gotta pay for that "free" health care somehow.

I wish I had free health care!!!! I recently had back surgery and am about to have knee surgery and my awful insurance is bleeding me dry.......not really but if anything else breaks on me I might have to pass up this phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332