Do you embrace the notch or hide it?

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
I embrace the notch and oddly enough kind of like it. It gives the phone some character and identifies the phone as a Pixel XL. I was one of the reasons why I loved Blackberry so much... everyone knew what a Blackberry looked like and was.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I embrace the notch and oddly enough kind of like it. It gives the phone some character and identifies the phone as a Pixel XL. I was one of the reasons why I loved Blackberry so much... everyone knew what a Blackberry looked like and was.
I completely agree. again, no one really complains about the iPhone 10 phones having a notch. And no as have a worse notch because the covers that more of the top of the phone screen. The 3XL notch barely covers up the top of the phone.

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people use things like Nacho Notch when all you have to do is hide the notch in developer settings? What's the point?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I hated the dim screens of my pixel 1 and 2 XL and the notch of the pixel 3 XL so much that I am done with pixel
Why didn't you just return the pixel 3 xl if the notch was a deal breaker for your after trying it out for a few weeks? I would of returned it. I don't like the notch but for me it wasn't a deal breaker else I would of returned it .

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people use things like Nacho Notch when all you have to do is hide the notch in developer settings? What's the point?
Keeps the notifications at the top blacking it all out so it makes use of that space. I wish when you hide the notch in developers settings it implementer the same way.

MIDefalt

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Before we even had notches, I used think why not why not remove the area of the bezel that is not really used on and keep the bezel where the sensors are. Then the Pixel 3 XL came out the phone whose notch I did not criticize as it was not so long and it was not so small either, it felt like a pretty complete experience on it.The only thing I think Google did miss out on was, keeping a RGB LED notification light. Then it came to the software Android apps have a had bad time supporting the notch, text being cutoff or blacking out that space and even if developers go that right there were clever ways for developers to support the notch which I have yet to see. I turned it off honestly in the end because of the app software mess, that iOS apps seem to not suffer from.

takkuso

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've hidden the notch with the developers option from the beginning. I'll be buying the Pixel 4 XL as it reportedly will do away with the notch. We shall see what happens.

Use Nacho Notch instead of fully hiding it with developer options. Best of both worlds if you hate the notch. Completely hides it, but puts icons up there, "above" the screen.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I embrace it, the notch really doesn't bother me all that much. Would I prefer it was smaller or no notch at all? Well sure who wouldn't but its fine

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I had to do a Google search to see what in the world you guys are talking about! After seeing pictures of the phone, I'd have to say that I don't care for the notch either.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lots of phones have a notch annoyingly, no one cares about the iPhone 10. That's all I'm saying. I embrace enough and makes the phone look unique and serves a huge purpose / function so I'm cool with it.