T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Do you ever get used to android coming from iPhone ???

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a iphone 7+ and S8+ and Pixel XL. I think I have had every iphone ever made at some point. I usually get 14 or more phones a year....it's my hobby....i know I have a problem! :)
So i have a pretty good comparison between Android and IOS. While IOS is very easy and simple to use...it is also very restrictive. Simple things like icon placement just baffle me....why can't i place my icons where I want them on IOS? How hard could that be? No true widgets on IOS and no way to place them where they would be most useful like on my home screen where I spend most of my time.
Then 3D Touch adds a level of complexity that is simply not needed. I mean sometimes it produces good results with something useful. Sometime noting....Like their own music app......all i get is options for a beats playlist that doesn't exist because I don't use beats.

I like both operating systems but there is just so much more you can do on Android than IOS.
So much more customization and useful feature people can add to make using a phone more enjoyable.

I also find them BOTH to just as reliable as the other as far as crashes go. It's just software and sometimes things go wrong.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have gone back and forth a couple of times, just abandoning my personal iPhone for the Galaxy S8 and so far I love the phone. Some things take time getting used to, like even though they have notifications on the screen now, still not quite like Apple where I can read who it is from w/o opening (I always turn off preview)...I liked the Text Messages (iMessage) app better - it uses the contact information for custom text alerts. No matter what app I have used, I find that I still have to set it in the messaging app and if I delete a conversation, I have to set the notification again. That one is a thumbs down for me still.. but I have adapted.

For pro's... so MUCH EASIER to do custom ringtones and text tones, I love custom tones.....

My S8 screen is incredible, I love it... just left iPhone 6.

I am only slightly re-adjusting as my work phone was a Galaxy S5 (which I also once used as personal phone).

Some apps better on one platform or another, but nothing major most of the time.

I think what got me the most when I went back from S5 to iPhone 6 was no wow factor. It was just like the 4S I left behind...even the S8 wowed me out of the box.....

I still use an iPad, but I don't really have any issues going back and forth.

rakeleaves

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
In all fairness, opinions will always differ, but I find iPhone kinda dull. Not that much to customize, not as much free apps as for android. Different default keyboard etc etc.
Looks great, works great, but not that exiting.

It is true that opinions always differ. I'm boring and old-fashioned. I like my phone to be black and white than a nauseating rainbow. Literally, my iphone is in grayscale.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I got used to Android after switching from Apple iOS. Sure, my S7 Edge was bigger and curvier than my old iPhone 5S, but unlike what was stated in many reviews the software wasn’t overly bloated etc...it wasn’t as simple as iOS initially (changed with Oreo) but it offered much more customisation which was really fun and helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001