Do you have insurance

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have insurance on your phone if ao which one. I'm debating on putting insurance on my S4 with sprint or with best buy. At 10 dollars and no deductible the best buy insurance seems reasonable. What do you guys think or recommend. Don't say forget insurance because accidents happen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was paying for insurance for my HTC EVO 4G LTE when I was on Sprint, and I'm paying for insurance with my new HTC One on AT&T. Personally I felt safer with the insurance since smartphones are selling retail in the $550-$600 US range, and it would really hurt if I had to pay full retail for a new phone. I think the insurance is good up to a certain point in time, after which it might make sense to drop it as you get closer to your upgrade period.

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I pay for insurance on my S3 through verizon and do not regret it! I dropped my phone the first month I had it and cracked the screen! I have already got my monies worth out of it.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
so you guys have it with your service provider. what do you think about best buy insurance. the fact that there is no limit as to how many times you change it and NO DEDUCTIBLE really draws my attention. the only thing is that what if its something simple would they fix it or replace the whole phone anyone know about this.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
so you guys have it with your service provider. what do you think about best buy insurance. the fact that there is no limit as to how many times you change it and NO DEDUCTIBLE really draws my attention. the only thing is that what if its something simple would they fix it or replace the whole phone anyone know about this.
Sounds a little too good to be true... I wonder what the catch is?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a droid DNA and note 2 protected through asurion with Verizon. Best buy insurance sounds nice, don't know if there are any catches though. I would imagine if it was a simple issue, they would fox it oppose to replace it, but that's just a guess.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I use to always carry BB insurance. No catch but you'll usually get a refurbished phone back. 10$ a month or 169$ one time fee.

Then there is no copay either and no limit on claims. That = no case and no worries

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I carry the minimum insurance available ($5.18/month?) on my RMHD. I plan on dropping the insurance after a year as if I were to damage the phone after having that long I would rather replace with a newer model anyway (even if I had to buy used from ebay, etc.).
I also keep an older smartphone on hand for temporary use in case one of my families phones fails or gets damaged.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use to always carry BB insurance. No catch but you'll usually get a refurbished phone back. 10$ a month or 169$ one time fee.

Then there is no copay either and no limit on claims. That = no case and no worries

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

The other thing is that they don't cover lost or stolen phones. not that someone will try jacking me alot of fun that'll be.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm used insurance from Square Trade for years on all phones and electronics. Never had an issue collecting on claims or repairs. Cost me $120 for 3 years coverage but never any questions asked when I need to file claims. They cover theft, damage (even water damage). Www. Square trade. Com

Gcaver2

chip dawg

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm used insurance from Square Trade for years on all phones and electronics. Never had an issue collecting on claims or repairs. Cost me $120 for 3 years coverage but never any questions asked when I need to file claims. They cover theft, damage (even water damage). Www. Square trade. Com

Gcaver2

Square Trade is not an insurance company. They do not cover theft.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i dont. for how much i will pay for insurance over 2 years. if i break the screen i can replace it my self for less than that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan