Do you like stock Android or TouchWiz more?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz based custum rom
Like jedi roms for the note ii

No bloat and all the tw goodness for behind the scenes stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
S5 better than N5?

Posted via Android Central App from my N5

I'd say go into a store if you can and test them out. First I loved touchwiz and didn't understand why someone would want pure minimalistic features. That was back in the day. Now I see the point as a Nexus owner and love it. But touchwiz is nice. On the Note 3 it looks ok and the features added by Samsung are worth it for me. So I say it's personal taste. You need to check them out for yourself as you'll be using the interface, not us.

What's fine for me ain't fine for you.

Plus don't compare phones as each phone has got different features for your needs. My statement was only for the infterface.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd say go into a store if you can and test them out. First I loved touchwiz and didn't understand why someone would want pure minimalistic features. That was back in the day. Now I see the point as a Nexus owner and love it. But touchwiz is nice. On the Note 3 it looks ok and the features added by Samsung are worth it for me. So I say it's personal taste. You need to check them out for yourself as you'll be using the interface, not us.

What's fine for me ain't fine for you.

Plus don't compare phones as each phone has got different features for your needs. My statement was only for the infterface.

I can see why someone would prefer minimalistic.

But touchwiz is good to run on a samsung device, and not just for the tings you see like svoice and spen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess i'd choose something in between. Stock is just to plain for me and TW is so heavy. No matter really i use an alternate launcher anyway.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always been of the mind that the operating systems' user interface should get out of the way to make way for the applications that we use day-in and day-out. That being said, I'd prefer a minimalist approach to UI thus I prefer stock Android as it stands now. Heck it would be nice if they found a way to do away with the dedicated navigation soft buttons altogether. Unfortunately that would require a gesture based UI and I'm just not sure there's really a user friendly solution for that.

Touchwiz is okay but it's still rather ugly in comparison to other OEM's UI such as Sense. I also don't like the strategy that Samsung employs of "throwing in the kitchen sink and more" that bloats up phone (I mainly speak of the gimmicky stuff like eye scrolling that was interesting for all about a day). This is of course all just my opinion as a lot of people like that stuff I'm sure.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Why not just install aosp on your s4? Problem solved.

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII

As much as this goes against my entire reputation here . . .

. . . Some folks prefer to keep their devices stock, and not root/unlock or flash ROMs.

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Is it on Google play? & will it erase all my data?

Sorry, just never rooted before. Which one is the most user friendly? is there a vanilla andriod 4.4 one?

Let me send you to xda-devolopers.com go there look for your device and you will find anything you need.

There is many versions of ROMs a.k.a custom android versions. Some allow you to set custom themes and other mods with a click of button.

I suggest going to cyanogenmod.com they have a simple Installer where it will install there vanilla android directly on your phone from a windows or Mac based computer all you need to do is press next.

Please reply back if you need ANY help I hope this helped! Here's a screenshot of the custom ROM I'm running on my Samsung galaxy s3.
yqyja5er.jpg
uvesy5aj.jpg
era2usez.jpg
e5yby5aj.jpg

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I like some of the additions that are in TW. Same with some of the things in Sense and other skins. Android is like the barebones, layout and for some that is what they want, but for me I like the useful additions the skins add, just wish TW ran smoother, but that is for another day lol.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I definitely prefer stock Android, the way Google intended. I don't like any manufacturer overlays, whether it's TouchWiz, Sense, or whatever else is out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d