Do you use bixby?

Do you use Bixby on your S8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
The way the phone’s buttons are laid out, I often press Bixby by accident. It is more of an annoyance than of service to me.
All you have to do is disable it. You know you can do that in bixby right?
Then, the only way it actives is by a long press. Is that so hard?

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For those that don't know...
3362691043a3567f8e821f720f5ac6ff.jpg

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been that Google assistant can do everything that Bixby can do and more...other than the shopping thing that it does via the camera, but that just seems really gimmicky to me. I'll stick with Google assistant for now. Bixby is more useful than the dead s-voice from back in the day....

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been that Google assistant can do everything that Bixby can do and more...other than the shopping thing that it does via the camera, but that just seems really gimmicky to me. I'll stick with Google assistant for now. Bixby is more useful than the dead s-voice from back in the day....
You haven't experienced all of what Bixby can do. It runs circles around the Google assistant when it comes to bring able to control almost every inch of the phone. I use Bixby for the things that GA can't do. GA is my main because my house is a Google ecosystem.

cst516

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use it constantly. I have been one that has embraces the assistants and talk to my phone all the time. The quick commands are great and have them set up for lots of things. I actually love the dedicated button.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I use it constantly. I have been one that has embraces the assistants and talk to my phone all the time. The quick commands are great and have them set up for lots of things. I actually love the dedicated button.
Can you give us some examples of what you have set quick commands up for?

anstro76

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but usually only at home. I use it when I want to do voice commands to my phone without waking my google home devices.

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I disabled it for a while, but decided to turn it back on and use it. With that being said, 99% of the time its asking what the weather is and it’s pretty rare that I use it.

I disabled the Bixby Home to avoid accidentally pressing the button, so I either say Hi Bixby or do a long press to activate it. For me that works.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Bixby is USELESS. It is by far the WORST feature of my Galaxy S8. Two major complaints: 1) I can't use it to open my locked phone, 2) I can't get it reliably dial a phone number.

I really miss my My Moto Voice from my Droid Turbo 2. Sure, Moto Voice was more limited. BUT IT WORKED!

Here is hoping that Oreo will permit me to use Google Voice when my phone is locked...Or that Bixby will...

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Disabled. But I'm going to reactivate just because it's so unusable I want to play with it and laugh at the crazy and inaccurate stuff it does.

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
If bixby got updated then definitely, but it doesn't seem to comprehend what I say, and certainly not as fast and well as Google Assistant

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I never use Bixby Voice but I do use Bixby Home which I find more useful than Google Now since Google started pushing a bunch of trending news that have nothing to do with my searches and interests... given I have very little care for the Kardashians and other types crap, Bixby Home gives me the weather, my calendar, reminders, Facebook notifications and Twitter. I'd even like it if there were more apps I use compatible with it. I wanted a page that I could customize more than Google Now like OnePlus does with the shelves as well. Bixby Home gives me that.

The thing with Bixby Voice though is that I live in a French speaking area and my phone is mainly in French but Bixby is just available in English which would make a lot of my usage incompatible (SMS, tweets and so on). So Google Assistant is better for me in that respect (and I only use it to send SMSes while I'm driving.

cst516

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have one set up when I get to the gym. Opens my workout app and play music. When I get to work I use one to shut off WiFi and turn the ringer to vibrate. When I leave work I have one the turns the ringer back on, WiFi back on, open audible and open Waze. These are all things that I used to do manually.

Taylor Woodman

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
a little late to the conversation but I use it pretty frequently for things like searching an app and installing it and other phone based commands. as far as searching something on Google I just use the widget since Bixby opens Samsung internet instead of Chrome. I came into it thinking I'd hate it because of all of the bad reviews but I use it all the time!

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Bixby is USELESS. It is by far the WORST feature of my Galaxy S8. Two major complaints: 1) I can't use it to open my locked phone, 2) I can't get it reliably dial a phone number.

I really miss my My Moto Voice from my Droid Turbo 2. Sure, Moto Voice was more limited. BUT IT WORKED!

Here is hoping that Oreo will permit me to use Google Voice when my phone is locked...Or that Bixby will...
Are you dialing a number or a contact name? Cuz mine works really well.
"Call mom" for example.