Do your phones get a second life?

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My first Android phone was an HTC Evo. It was my phone for the duration of my contract, then it was my media device for a year. In it's 4th year it became my daughter's phone after her phone broke prior to upgrade eligibility. In all that Evo went through a lot and even though it was on it's third battery the phone was in daily use for nearly 4 years.

It's not just my Evo either. My 6 year old son has a Motorola Photon for watching videos and playing mine-craft. That device has no plan so I guess it is not a phone anymore but it is at least the second life of that device and it is on it's second battery.

It is the many lives these devices live that is why a removable battery is a must-have feature. Sure one doesn't need to swap out the battery mid day anymore, but that does not mean the ability to swap out a battery has lost value.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Galaxy Nexus is now my Home Wifi phone. Google Voice services make it easy to still use your phone as a phone through wifi.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon Galaxy Nexus is now my Home Wifi phone. Google Voice services make it easy to still use your phone as a phone through wifi.
yes and with those crap Samsung radios the GNex had, it works much better as a phone on WiFi then it ever did as using the cell towers, lol!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I tend to give my older phones to family members (but most of them use iPhone now) or friends.

I'm probably not going to sell my Moto X, so if it come down to it I wouldn't mine removing the woodback to put in a new battery. It depend on the phone, unibody design like HTC is harder, but some can easily be opened even if it's not removable back cover.

Also newer batteries are more efficient, the iPhone last I heard should be able to charge a thousands cycle before going bad.

sent via Le Motonovo X

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep all my babies close. Still have all my phones from the Nexus S, Gnex, OG Tab, Note 2 and my current Note 3. I have attachment issues. :p

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Along with my G2 and Nexus 7, I still have my GS2 Skyrocket (Wi-Fi & music) and Samsung Rugby PRO (camping). I like having my daily phone, backup and rugged phone just in case.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i have a galaxy s, a galaxy nexus, a lumia 520, a galaxy s4 clone, and an optimus g.....all scattered thru the house as wifi/media devices for me and the kids. i probably should sell one or two, but how much would i get? i think i'd rather just have the devices.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
yes and with those crap Samsung radios the GNex had, it works much better as a phone on WiFi then it ever did as using the cell towers, lol!

It crazy because the darn thing has 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands so the range is great also. I can be on the phone at nearly any house on my block and get enough signal to take a call.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My 1st Android was a Xperia X10i in 2010, had it until late 2011, got a Galaxy S2 then, X10 worked as my backup and experiment phone. In mid 2012 got a Galaxy S3, gave away the X10 to someone, kept the S2 as my backup and music player when gyming. Early 2013 my S3 broke went back to S2 then got the Galaxy S4 on launch day, now my S2 is back to it's old job, still has the same batt it had in 2011, still running beautifully :)

Going to get the Galaxy S5 in April, the S4 will then be my backup and music player in gym, will give my S2 away to a relative.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
My old Iphone 4 is now with my dad... thats enough technology for him... and my xperia mini pro x10 is dead :( I dont wanna buy a new battery lol... while my Vibrant is running a 4.4 kitkat rom hoping that one day itll be super fast again (its quite fine right now) ..I currently have an LG G2 Beast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymousaga