Does anyone notice the difference with Smooth Display on?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have had it on for 2 days and then turned it off. I notice zero difference lol. I came from pixel 3 XL and I seriously don't notice anything smoother or faster with it on vs not.

Is it just me or some others out there share the same conclusion?

I use my phone for reading, browsing, texting, YouTube and scrolling through Twitter feed mainly.

I turned it off yesterday and actually see a bit of battery improvement too. So not sure why I need to keep something on that, to me, seems like it's doing nothing lol

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You mean the high refresh rate? Never notice that big of a difference going between 120, 90 and 60 hz on my various phones. But I just leave it on since I'm not that concerned about battery.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You mean the high refresh rate? Never notice that big of a difference going between 120, 90 and 60 hz on my various phones. But I just leave it on since I'm not that concerned about battery.
Yes correct, the 90 hz refresh rate. Good it's not just me then hehehe. There was tons of buzz around high refresh rates and now that I have a phone that has it I see no difference.

Anyway, going to keep it off for battery's sake.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I don't notice any difference in battery drain ...it feels snappier to me with it on ...I'd rather drive 90 on the left lane

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I can't tell the difference. I have a Pixel 4XL refreshing at 90hz and a Note 10+ at 60hz. I see absolutely no difference and sometimes the Note seems smoother to me. Had a Samsung S20+ for a while refreshing at 120hz and could discern no difference with that phone either. I must have a 60hz brain. I keep my Pixel forced to 90hz but I'm not sure why. If battery is better at 60hz, I'll give it a try.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So in other words, it's all BS LOL.
I didn't say that at all. It's kind of like listenimg to music. An audiophile will insist that he can tell the difference between hi resolution sound files and compressed files or a big difference in sound between wired and wireless audio. Some people can't tell the difference.

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have it on but I never notice anything changing on the device from app to app. So IDK, maybe it's on?

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of the rare people who never turn it on. I see a definitely see a smoother scroll when I have it on but honestly, I don't care how smooth something looks when I'm scrolling through it., I'll take the extra battery life. Never turned on the 120hz when I had my s20 ultra either.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I just think it has been overhyped. When I had my pixel 3 XL, many reviewers were salivating at the 90 refresh rate and how noticable it is. So it was strange for me not to even notice a difference, so was just curious if others are in the same boat and seems that there are some out there that doesn't notice it too :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk