Does my home screen look too busy?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep Dallas, TX. Love it. so what city you in? Longview/Tyler?

Close but not quite. A tiny East Texas town called Grand Saline. Population, 3000. But my husband works in Tyler and that's where we go for shopping and entertainment :) It's 45-50 minutes to Tyler from here.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot as promised. I made folders for AC, most of Google services I use, a tools folder for the Clock, calculator, calendar, etc, music players. Any questions on my setup I will answer to the best of my ability.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

You should share that wallpaper.....:D

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. It's about what you like and want your homescreens to look like. Some days I feel like having a lot of "stuff" and some days I don't....
uploadfromtaptalk1404357399730.jpg

Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Does it REALLY matter to you what anyone else thinks of your home screen? Your home screen should provide you the information you need and want to see. If it works for you, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Does it REALLY matter to you what anyone else thinks of your home screen? Your home screen should provide you the information you need and want to see. If it works for you, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Call down Jethro, just getting feedback and wanting to see how others are using their phones and why.....and I have learned plenty just from this thread alone.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm "call," Bubba. Asking for thoughts and suggestions on how to design a home screen is different than asking if "it's too busy."

They can actually be one in the same Bubba. And one of the great answers was on using folders and another was how to create said folders, information that I could use to consolidate some of my HS icons that I wasn't quite aware of. So true to the definition of a forum, ideas and thoughts were exchanged and I learned something. The more you know ***** RAINBOW****

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have used this basic homescreen setup on every android phone I have ever had. Clean simple and organized, not too much clutter IMO. For me it is very efficient.
Screenshot_2014-07-03-10-20-47.jpg
LG G2 AT&T

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think mines too busy if anything, but I find it very easy to find stuff for me. I use nova launcher and a few gestures and more. Love it to make my old Galaxy Nexus seem newer without having to upgrade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-14-23-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-14-23-06.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 135

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Holy smokes! There's not much missing from your HS lol. Someone mentioned earlier that they like to keep their HS clean so the pretty wallpaper shows.....I respect the dude as he knows his stuff, but if I want to look at art, I'll just google it or go to an art show and buy some art and throw it on a real wall hhahahahah

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My goodness. Definitely to each own.

This is my Drawer, apps I don't use that often and created folders for apps I rarely use. I just double tap to access it.

e6avyne8.jpg

Pro S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene