Does the Galaxy S6 have a repeat message alert setting?

A

AC Question

The s5 had the setting for messages called "repeat message alert" under messages-setting-notification -repeat message alert.
You could set it to Never/every 2 minutes/every 10 minutes.

I can't get text messages to make audible reminder alert, which means I have to constantly look at the screen and not listen for the beep.
Can you tell me if it exists?

Dan Caza

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
The s5 had the setting for messages called "repeat message alert" under messages-setting-notification -repeat message alert.
You could set it to Never/every 2 minutes/every 10 minutes.

I can't get text messages to make audible reminder alert, which means I have to constantly look at the screen and not listen for the beep.
Can you tell me if it exists?

Yes...settings...accessibility. ...notification reminder.....set what u want...on the s6

BellaGee

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same complaint - no sound reminder for text messages, just the flashing LED. You can't get audible reminder in the phone settings. Download the "Easy Reminder" app. It works great, and has several time intervals to choose from.

Posted via the Android Central App

c_u_s_h

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be the same setting for the Galaxy S7. It makes me feel disabled not to remember I had a text message a minute ago since the setting is now under accessibility. Then again, that's probably true.

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to have it repeat my text message notification sound instead of my default notification sound. With the S4, and Note 4, when the repeat settings were part of the text app itself, the repeating notification would use my text notification sound. Now that the repeat setting is in a global location with all other app notifications, my first notification that I have a text message uses my text message notification sound, but my repeat notification (telling me, "hey dummy, you still haven't looked at your text message") --the repeat notification uses the default system notification. That can go off every minute for an hour and I won't pay any attention to that.

c_u_s_h

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to the textra app. Now it repeats my text notification sound (instead of my default notification sound) every two minutes up to 50 times. You can customize it to not repeat, or repeat 1,2,3,5,10 or 50 times. There are many other customizations too. My favorite is having the text message appear on screen when the screen is locked and still being able to reply without unlocking the screen. I also made the icon the same color as the s7 messaging app so I wouldn't get confused the next time I went to find it.

clare12

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
You wont receive an alert sound while in a text message conversation. However, i found if you hit the back button after you enter your message, then you will get a new alert sound for the next message you receive. Easy fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames