Does the USB-C Port for the Note 10+ Get Damaged with Dongles and Earbuds?

CemicSuns

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
(If this was accidentally double posted, may I ask the mods to merge the threads together? Thank you in advance, but I keep getting these errors whenever I ask a new question for some reason...)

This has been a very pressing question on my mind.
I know we need USB-C to 3.5mm adapters with built-in DAC chips to work with the Note 10+ to use 3.5mm earbuds, or we could use USB-C earbuds with DAC chips as well.

But one thing has been on my mind...Wouldn't these cause damage to the C port for the Note 10+ with additional use outside of recharging the battery? If the C port gets damaged or corrupted, then the Note 10+ pretty much becomes dead because it can no longer be recharged, and without any insurance or coverage plans, you'd have to pay out the wazoo for a new phone.

For those who use either USB C earbuds with the Note 10+ or use the USB C to 3.5 mm dongles, have they, or do you notice any damage done to the Note 10+'s C port?
This is a question I want to ask as it's making me debate on wired vs. wireless earbuds for the Note 10+. Of course, with Bluetooth, I wouldn't have to worry about the phone's C port at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I deleted your previous duplicate. Not sure why you're getting the errors when trying to post -- are you using one of the apps or the desktop website?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen much complaint about USB-C ports having wear and test issues in general. Though, it's still a relatively new port. I mainly use wireless charging with my phone and haven't used the USB-C buds enough times to really get a good grasp of it. My work laptop charges via USB-C though and I am constantly switching between my port replicator at my desk and my charger when I'm in long meetings and I haven't had any issues.

Frankly, USB ports are designed to be plugged and unplugged often so I don't anticipate any wear and tear issues. I'd really only expect to see ports loosen up on a board if it frequently sees excess external forces placed on it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A USB-C plug has a long shell, keeping it from applying much pressure inside the connector, but if you handle it roughly, sure, it will get damaged, just like any tiny part. But if you're careful plugging the dongle in, and don't pull or yank on the cable (or drop the phone with the earphones firmly on your head or in your ear - putting a lot of stress on the dongle), you shouldn't have any problem.

matther22xdroid

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The flimsy audio adapter won't bother the port. Nylon braided "tough" cables that are thick and don't bend easily WILL damage your charging port, that's even considering I always use a wireless charger at home, I'm having to send mine to Samsung for repair this week for that reason. My Note 9 and S9+ also had the exact same issue. Apples lightning port is perfect as it has no internal parts to loosen up, my wife has never had issues with any of hers.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
(If this was accidentally double posted, may I ask the mods to merge the threads together? Thank you in advance, but I keep getting these errors whenever I ask a new question for some reason...)

This has been a very pressing question on my mind.
I know we need USB-C to 3.5mm adapters with built-in DAC chips to work with the Note 10+ to use 3.5mm earbuds, or we could use USB-C earbuds with DAC chips as well.

But one thing has been on my mind...Wouldn't these cause damage to the C port for the Note 10+ with additional use outside of recharging the battery? If the C port gets damaged or corrupted, then the Note 10+ pretty much becomes dead because it can no longer be recharged, and without any insurance or coverage plans, you'd have to pay out the wazoo for a new phone.

For those who use either USB C earbuds with the Note 10+ or use the USB C to 3.5 mm dongles, have they, or do you notice any damage done to the Note 10+'s C port?
This is a question I want to ask as it's making me debate on wired vs. wireless earbuds for the Note 10+. Of course, with Bluetooth, I wouldn't have to worry about the phone's C port at all.

You can charge with Wireless Chargers... I doubt it will be damaged in 2 years time... Unless everyday you plug and unplug more than 100 times...

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If you always use original cables it won't be a problem but cheap China ones might not have the same tight tolerances and could easily promote premature wear of the port, besides all sorts of other risks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz