Don't buy Verizon Screen Protectors

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just received my screen protectors I ordered from Verizon that are supposedly made for the HTC incredible and they don't cover the entire screen. They are just rectangular shaped screen protectors that only cover the actual LCD area - not the whole face of the device (which is what I expected). Who the hell would want a visible screen protector only covering part of the front? If I wanted that I could just use Scotch tape!

C'mon Verizon!

Ptnomore

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Use thick clear packing tape. That's what I use on two other phones and it works great. Dunno if what I have will be wide enough for the Incredible yet (It's at the house waiting for me to unbox it) but that's what I plan on using, at least at first. I have a 2 year old that likes to play with the phones and he can make a mess of them in a hurry. Easier said than done to just keep the phone away from him.

DaveS024

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks....I was debating between these and GhostArmor and i thik my decision just became easier.....GhostArmor has a pre-order avail now

R

Roy Aguilera

Seriously? That really sucks.
I never buy their screen protectors.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I also bought the glossy silicone case from Verizon, and while it fits well and looks pretty good, it sure does show fingerprints! But I seriously can't believe Verizon sells these display protectors as made for the Incredible. What a joke.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly i dont think these protectors were made for the incredible is rediculous my girlfrien just got one and there is a portion of the screen unprotected ...

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
can you return accessories if you don't open them? if it doesnt line up decently.. I'd rather not use them.. save me $10 to go towards a better screen protector down the road. I just wanted something temporary until the "good" ones are released.. but if it's not even covering the whole screen where my fingers will be.. then what's the point?

RanHam335

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Damn, my old phone i used Verizon screen protectors and it covered the whole front thats why i bought the Verizons ones when i pre ordered. that sucks

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
sorry man, that does suck. the best screen protectors i've purchased were from Seidio. when their accessories release, jump on these.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
it depends on the phone. some vzw protectors i've bought will cover just the actual screen area of the front. they didn't cover the glass bezel part. others have covered the entire surface area of the phone.

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
do they at least cover the whole LCD? I can live with the buttons being exposed until I get ones that covet the whole face. I don't look through the buttons so a minor scratch there would be a bummer but not bug me nearly as one on the actual display..

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it should, it's probably a 3.7" cutout.

as much as screen protectors bug me, having a bevel on the front face would annoy me infinitely more

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
ok i'm torn on the whole screen protector thing. this will be my first smartphone/touchscreen, but how vital are they? I mean do the screens really scratch up that easily?

Cole#AC

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ok i'm torn on the whole screen protector thing. this will be my first smartphone/touchscreen, but how vital are they? I mean do the screens really scratch up that easily?

I would highly recommend Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Invisible Protection Skins & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com as your screen protector. They are very thin skins (your phone will look and feel naked) that will protect your phone from virtually any scratch.

I have used Zagg InvisibleShield, BestSkinsEver, and Phantomskinz, and can say that PS is the best cell phone protector I have ever used. Nearly no orange peel, very thin, and not sticky.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

it really depends on how you treat your phone.

personally i've never had one on my phone for more than a day since i could never get them on right, and my phones have yet to get scratched.

while older plastic screens were soft, modern capacitive screens are almost always covered with glass, which is not that easy to scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod