Double unlock

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So, using the Moto screen that displays notifications, I swipe to unlock, then get another unlock for the main lock screen. Ergo, I have to swipe twice to unlock. Is there any fix other than no unlock? This leaves the phone open until the Moto screen takes over.

I could stand to get it back to the 4.4 method...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The power button will take you straight to the pin screen or swipe screen (if you have to pin) won't it?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a bug because I notice it as well. It doesn't happen for every unlock but it happens every once in a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not a bug. It depends on the length of time that you have before the pin, pattern or password lock is required.

The moto display is meant to give you quick info so that you determine whether to unlock the phone. If you have a pin, pattern, or password, you still have to enter that for full functionality.

As stated before, the power button will take you direct to the lock screen.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Everyone said the home button should take two taps to return to the home screen, and I wish that bug would reappear too. This one is a bug that needs to come back then. The update detracted from functionality. Ugh.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have secure unlock enabled at all, and I occasionally see the Android lock screen after the Moto lock screen dismisses. It seems that this is probably just lag, as I've seen the Android lock screen dismiss on its own if I give the phone an extra couple seconds. Because of this, I'm hopeful an update to the Moto app might solve the problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Serieswon

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Waring to new Turbo owners! DON'T ENTER A PASSWORD, PIN OR SWIPE PATTERN (in a Droid Turbo)/UNLESS YOU PLAN TO USE ONE FOREVER.
NO WAY TO GO BACK TO PASSWORD FREE STATE MOTOROLA KNOWS. So now I have to swipe the homepage lock and the password page too. Bummer!

Serieswon

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I was able to get rid of the password pattern thanks to someone on another thread. Very strange way to do it. Cleared credentials see attached screen shot.

Attachments

• 17618.jpg
    17618.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 42

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes I see the same bug, I too have no secure unlock, its intermittent as was explained by others. Its the only glitch I have experienced from the 5.1 update. Will see if the new patch update fixes tonight.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Oy one of the man reasons i haven't updated .. as a moto fan boy i was over joyed when we upgraded from gingerbread to ICS (razrMAxx) b/c it got rid of the Double lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds