Downloading files from browser problem

ChairmanMeow

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have joined this forum in hopes to finding a solution to my problem because after extensive searching, I still can't find a fix.

When I attempt to download files from the internet, the "Downloading" sign appears at the bottom of the screen, but my phone never downloads the file (ex. word documents, pdf files, pictures etc). I also check the downloads file folder to see if appeared in there, but the file simply never downloaded. Downloading apps from the play store is okay, but it's only in the browser.

At first I thought that the sd card was corrupted so I tried to move a file from the phone memory to the sd card and back again and it worked fine. No errors occurred. Also in the settings, files downloaded has been set to download to the SD card. I changed it to download to the phone memory, but still nothing happens. Please help. Much appreciated! Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen every time? What happens if you remove the SD Card and then download (not transfer) files directly again?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

ChairmanMeow

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Golfdriver97
Maybe I missed it, but what browser are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

It is the S3 browser that comes with the phone.
I have just tried taking out the sd card and downloaded a simple image from the browser. Same problem occurs. The word "downloading" appears, but it never downloads.

edit: I realized that after the 4.3 update, the Polaris Office app that came with the phone has disappeared which might be the problem.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Golfdriver97

I have just tried taking out the sd card and downloaded a simple image from the browser. Same problem occurs. The word "downloading" appears, but it never downloads.

edit: I realized that after the 4.3 update, the Polaris Office app that came with the phone has disappeared which might be the problem.

I would try another browser. See if the same thing happens.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Golfdriver97

I would try another browser. See if the same thing happens.

Try Google Chrome.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Google Chrome works! And the Polaris is back so why is it not working on the browser?

Here is something I found when I had my S3; I hated Polaris. It only lets you view documents, not edit them. Kingsoft office has an app, for free that allows you to edit most, if not all kinds of documents, including Microsoft files. I loved Kingsoft so much that I found the download version for my PC.

Kevin ashmore

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have joined this forum in hopes to finding a solution to my problem because after extensive searching, I still can't find a fix.

When I attempt to download files from the internet, the "Downloading" sign appears at the bottom of the screen, but my phone never downloads the file (ex. word documents, pdf files, pictures etc). I also check the downloads file folder to see if appeared in there, but the file simply never downloaded. Downloading apps from the play store is okay, but it's only in the browser.

At first I thought that the sd card was corrupted so I tried to move a file from the phone memory to the sd card and back again and it worked fine. No errors occurred. Also in the settings, files downloaded has been set to download to the SD card. I changed it to download to the phone memory, but still nothing happens. Please help. Much appreciated! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol