Droid 4 Issues, Help please? Maybe?

Trevor Moore

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So, I got a droid 4 from a seller on eBay, great condition, really good price. But I'm noticing some issues already. (First day I'm using it, so maybe I'm just paranoid.)

-First off the bat, I've noticed that the screen is super jumpy. While using some apps (i.e. Facebook, Twitter..) is worse than, say, the browser. Not sure what that's all about.
-Second, the phone's been plugged in for a little over an hour now, was at 15% then, and is at 15% now. What gives?
-Third, the music player seems to "pause" very briefly while playing. Almost like a split-second buffer.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I also should note, I've done a factory restore on the device and it is running on 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the screen is very clean. Sometimes gunk on the screen can lead to wonkiness.

Are you using the original charger, plugged into the wall? If it's just plugged into a USB port on your computer, the rate of charge can be slower. The charging cable or the plug could be faulty, too. If you have any other USB cables that fit, give them a try--otherwise, look for an OEM cable/charger on eBay or Amazon.

When the music player pauses, is it when playing music streaming over the internet, or music stored locally? If your internet connection isn't very fast, the music can stutter a little.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So, I got a droid 4 from a seller on eBay, great condition, really good price. But I'm noticing some issues already. (First day I'm using it, so maybe I'm just paranoid.)

-First off the bat, I've noticed that the screen is super jumpy. While using some apps (i.e. Facebook, Twitter..) is worse than, say, the browser. Not sure what that's all about.
-Second, the phone's been plugged in for a little over an hour now, was at 15% then, and is at 15% now. What gives?
-Third, the music player seems to "pause" very briefly while playing. Almost like a split-second buffer.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I also should note, I've done a factory restore on the device and it is running on 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure.

1. Were you using the device while it was being charged? If you were then that caused it. Otherwise it's the battery. I have also noticed that some devices don't charge fast without their OEM charger.
2. I don't know what to say. Must be a problem with the player. Can you test on your computer to see if the music pauses when you play it.
Hope I helped.

Trevor Moore

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Motorola standard charger. I was using it while charging, now it's charged up just fine. I cleaned the screen off just to see if that maybe helped and nothing is acting better on it. Still very jittery, and if I'm scrolling through something, let's say facebook, it'll assume I want to press whatever button is where I released the swipe. Music player is actually playing music off my SD card. Not sure if that's something that will be fixed since I did a factory reset on it last night.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the SD card is faulty. See what happens if you move some music to internal storage and play from there.

Also, what class is the SD card? Higher numbers mean faster read/write speeds. Although it technically shouldn't happen, maybe a class 2 SD might lead to stuttering in certain cases.

Posted via Android Central App

Trevor Moore

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So, day 2 update:

The music player issue fixed itself. I just pulled out the SD card, and popped her back in. Works just fine now.

The screen issue; however, is still extremely present, and seems to have worsened since yesterday. When using the on-screen keyboard, I press one button, and it responds on another key altogether. Screen is actually behaving on it's own at times. Did another factory reset on the device, still no luck.

Contacted the seller to see if there was some sort of trick they used to make the device respond appropriately. Waiting to hear back.

Trevor Moore

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so I'm pretty sure this thread might die out soon, but here's my day 3 update.

Contacted seller, and they're willing to replace the screen on it if I can't find somewhere/someone to do it for a reasonable price.

Everything else apart from screen is fine.

Trevor Moore

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from this guy with an estimate. I don't think it's the glass, I think it's the touch screen under the glass.
But, day 4, it's still working fine, apart from the screen issues still. Today, it was selecting things on it's own, and the screen was still jumpy and scrolling on it's own. Also, ignoring/answering calls by itself.

Glad to hear the seller is being responsible. Make sure they keep their word!