Droid Turbo : Dead display

::Montgomery::

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else with the Turbo had the screen die out? On Saturday I took my Turbo off the charger and the screen was constantly flashing white. No water damage, and I did not drop the phone at all. It literally just stopped working as soon as I took it off the charger. The reps at the Verizon store said that they have never seen this before and ordered a replacement Turbo (hopefully I get it today).

Just curious if anyone else has heard about this because with the limited amount of research that I have done, I am not hearing of this issue.

Last edited:

::Montgomery::

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It would reboot and make notification noises, but the screen would just keep flickering white. It kind of looked like the screen was strobing. I did however get my replacement Turbo today, so I hope no one else's screen dies out like mine did.

droidmonkey2002

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for posting on the reboot. My Droid Turbo just went blank - dead. No reason at all - it is charged. After the struggle to get it out of the 'lifeproof' case, I found your post, held the power for 10 seconds and it rebooted and is back on. The phone is only 2 months old so I'm bit concerned that it might be a lemon.

SCHANEWOLF

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Iv had 2 droid turbos have the screen die out the same way. First time Verizon gave me a new one,second time I got refurb. Verizon said it was because I didn't have their vzw virus protection and got a virus. Lol! Funny thing is I have lg g2 with same exact apps and setup and never an issue in almost 2 years

Josh G1

May 5, 2015
Visit site
That happened to my wife. Do you know of a way to get the data off without the screen working. She never had connected it to a computer, so it doesn't automatically recognize it on Windows.

Justin Bluer

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife screen and mine started to flash and do of things at the same time while we were a couple of miles apart. I got home and found out her's had done the same thing but wouldn't turn back on. I messed with it holding power button down and finally I examined the screen really carefully and could see a tiny hair like crack deep inside the screen. It was seriously less than a week old and no damage. It was in am outer box defender. I brought it back to Verizon and they agreed it looked like it was cause from the inside of the phone but we couldn't imagine how. They gave us a refurb and have had no problems since. It is a very nice phone and I like it. I went to it from an S4. This thing blows it out of the water when it comes to speed but I do miss all Samsung's features like remote, and that camera dictionary it has (I can't remember the name of it)

Posted via the Android Central App

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
My screen started turning solid white when charging after I made an adjustment in the display settings. I changed the display activity timer from 1 minute to 5. I have changed it back and will update my post if the issue continues.

***update***

Issue still exists, researching possible causes and resolutions. Any advice is would be greatly appreciated.

***update***
Problem solved. Somehow, I accidentally turned on the daydream future.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flower_tunnel65